Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via's mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a premium vehicle. First launched in New York City in September 2013, the Via platform operates in the United States and in Europe through its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans, ViaVan. Via's technology is also deployed worldwide through dozens of partner projects with public transportation agencies, private transit operators, taxi fleets, private companies, and universities, seamlessly integrating with public transit infrastructure to power cutting-edge on-demand mobility. For more information, visit www.ridewithvia.com.
The Director of Sales Operations manages support functions essential to sales productivity allowing our growing Partnerships Team (sales organization) to more efficiently sell Via’s Platform offering at scale. This individual will be key to the success of our Platform business leading initiatives related to planning, CRM design and implementation, reporting, sales process optimization, sales training, sales compensation design and administration, and sales technology.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for all aspects of sales planning, reporting, forecasting quota and management, sales process optimization, sales development, territory planning, and sales compensation administration globally
- Partner with sales leadership on product types and pricing models to reach revenue goals while maximizing ROI for our customers
- Establish a sales operations structure and environment that will deliver high and consistent service levels to the organization enabling revenue growth
- Influence CRM and sales technology strategy to scale ahead of the business’ needs
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure data integrity and cleanliness of the CRM with Partnerships, Business Development, Communications, Growth, Product and Business Operations Teams
- Develop key performance metrics and dashboards that help the sales organization focus on performance drivers
- Partner with People Operations and Finance Teams on the development and administration of sales incentive compensation plans
- Serve as an escalation point for the resolution of process and/or system issues
- Facilitate and audit deal review and approval procedures
- Manage the evaluation and interpretation of data, converting data trends into actionable sales processes and tactics to address new opportunities or challenges
- Develop and execute sales training and enablement programs
- Work closely with Platform marketing, particularly around customer segmentation and lead handling processes
- 7+ years’ experience working in sales, business or marketing operations
- Ability to work independently and a high degree of comfort with ambiguity
- Startup and/or SaaS experience strongly preferred
- Expertise in BI tools and CRM systems including Salesforce
- Extensive first-hand experience with progressive sales automation systems and demonstrated ability to improve sales productivity
- Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures and policies
- Proven proficiency in identifying, prioritizing and resolving complex problems
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages and presentations
- Ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
- Strong technical, research, problem solving and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree with high level of academic achievement; MBAs and other advanced degree holders preferred
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.