Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via’s mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a dynamically-routed vehicle. First launched in New York City in September 2013, the Via platform operates in New York City, Chicago, and Washington DC, and in London and Amsterdam through ViaVan, its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans. Via also licenses its revolutionary on-demand transit technology to transportation players globally.
Via operates Driver Centers to provide first class customer services to our driver partners, from recruitment to registration to ongoing support. Handling thousands of interactions each week, both in person and remotely, our Driver Center teams are committed to helping driver partners get started on our platform, stay connected, and continue to grow and drive with Via.
As Driver Center Manager, your core mission will be to supervise daily operations of our Driver Centers and manage an exceptional team of customer service and sales agents as they handle hundreds of daily interactions with our driver partners. You will have the opportunity to gain exposure to entrepreneurship, business development, and operations management in a fast-paced environment while helping to grow and retain our network of driver partners.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a thriving and productive culture to promote great customer service and growth
- Manage daily operations and scheduling of a large team over multiple office locations
- Manage setup and logistics of the driver center; keep our space stocked and productive
- Tirelessly work to scale operational processes and systems to drive rapid growth
- Be the face of the Driver Center, representing Via to driver partners and vendors
- Foster a collaborative, cohesive, and energetic office environment and team dynamic
- Play a pivotal role in driver partner registration and issue resolution, offering an exceptional experience during their initial interactions with Via
- Space planning and advising on new facilities structuring as Via continues to scale
- Prioritize operational issues as a real-time point of contact and provide creative solutions
- A natural leader and people manager – you motivate people to drive projects to success
- Effective at managing multiple tasks - you can prioritize, delegate and, take responsibility
- Meticulous and vigilant - you make careful plans and pay attention to the details
- A talented problem solver - you always look for creative solutions to improve the status quo
- A skilled professional communicator - you engage easily with clients of all backgrounds
- Excited by start-up and growth culture - you get involved and pitch in wherever needed
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in a high-volume customer service or retail environment, including at least one year in a management position.
- Fluency in English is required. Other languages (Spanish, French, Arabic, Mandarin) a plus
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.