As the Driver Center Manager, you will manage and lead a large team of junior operations staff responsible for registering new driver partners, supporting active driver partners and carrying out field projects. Your and your team’s objectives will be to ensure that our driver partners receive great support and to contribute directly to ViaVan’s growth through helping execute driver and rider growth initiatives. You'll be responsible for managing HR and day-to-day aspects of the team while also creating a motivating and challenging environment where individuals can thrive and develop. You’ll also contribute to our growth strategy by leading your team to help execute various driver experience and growth projects in collaboration with cross-functional teams across the business. This is a challenging people-facing role that spans leadership, project management and entrepreneurship giving a chance to be at the heart of a growing and exciting tech startup that has set to transform how Londoners get around.
Responsibilities and Duties
People management and leadership
- Lead and manage a dynamic team of 25-30 junior operations staff that are responsible for new driver partner registration, driver partner support, compliance, and street marketing
- Manage the team’s schedule, set daily and weekly priorities, and support the team in achieving them
- Build and maintain an engaging, coaching-first high performance environment
- Manage your team’s training and development plans, including regular performance reviews, setting challenging and motivating performance targets, supporting individual development
- Manage and evolve team structure in line with ViaVan’s growth to ensure the team is set for success to support our driver partners, riders, and our business
- Maintain a fun, friendly work environment that's aligned with ViaVan's values
- Drive improvements to the tools and processes that the team is responsible for in order to meet our growth and driver experience objectives
- Develop clear metrics for the team and visibility into results against KPIs and priorities to the London’s Operations Team on a weekly basis
- Support the team during operational issues as a real-time point of contact and provide creative solutions
- Work closely with the head of London Driver Growth, central team based in New York, and 3rd party shared services to continuously improve driver experience, provide excellent driver support, and ensure driver growth
- You have a proven track record of managing teams and developing people - you know how to motivate and get the best work out of everyone who works for you
- You give and take feedback constructively and with empathy for the person
- You are highly organized and are excellent at project management
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced environment, operating in ambiguity, and shifting priorities quickly
- You are excited about developing, managing and leading a multi-faceted team; you enjoy working with people and can easily adapt to different styles
- Lifelong learner who gets excited about building new processes and improving outdated ones - you want to make everything better!
- You understand that the experience is everything and find ways to work smarter so our customers don't have to
- You have excellent problem solving and analytical skills - you're able to perform data analysis using complex data and have strong Excel skills
- Everything that comes in your way is met with a "roll up your sleeves" attitude. You partner effectively with others in order to provide solutions in all areas of our department and business, and you're able to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once.
- You have strong written and verbal presentation and communication skills - you understand how to create a story and craft messaging based on your audience and the problem at hand
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a similar management role, ideally in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Comfortable with data and Excel, knowledge of Salesforce and Tableau is a plus
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree
At ViaVan, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. A joint venture between Via, the world's leading developer and provider of on-demand mass transit technology, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world's preeminent automotive company, ViaVan is transforming the way people get around. From on-demand buses in London to the world's largest publicly operated electric shuttle fleet in Berlin, ViaVan's sophisticated mobility operating system is powering transportation in Europe's biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players across the continent. We've provided more than 6 million shared rides since our launch in 2017, and we're growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in London, Berlin, and Amsterdam, projects in over a dozen markets, and a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you're someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, is passionate about building the next generation of mobility technology, and never backs down from a challenge, we want to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.