Via, the world’s leading on-demand shared rides technology developer and provider, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world’s preeminent automotive company, have launched a joint venture to transform the way people move around cities. This joint venture will launch on-demand shared mobility services in Europe using Via’s revolutionary technology and lead the cooperation to design and build transformative mobility technology with both the Via and Mercedes-Benz Vans teams.
As a Human Resources Principal, you’ll help lay the groundwork for the joint venture's people strategy and programs. You will be an expert on talent acquisition, employee relations, HR compliance and performance management.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Help develop processes, policies, and systems related to employment, including performance management, interview process, compensation, and employee training and development
- Champion the joint venture’s values and culture across multiple office locations as we rapidly scale our operations in Europe
- Provide guidance, support, and training to all managers, helping to build and retain strong teams across the organization
- Oversee the management and compliance of benefit programs, immigration procedures, employee onboarding and offboarding, and employment documentation
- Provide direction and strategic leadership for the company’s European hiring, including direct assistance with critical senior hires, and ownership of strategic planning and employment brand
- A savvy and tactful communicator: you intuitively find the right tone in every situation
- Enjoy taking charge; willing to wear multiple hats and work on projects of all types
- A problem solver: you never accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
- A no-nonsense thinker: you have sound business sense and make data-driven decisions
- A shape-shifter: you’re comfortable jumping into multiple types of projects across the company
- A forward-thinker: you can tackle issues in the moment while still anticipating future needs
- An extremely quick study: you can rapidly pick up unfamiliar material and participate as an equal in discussions with subject-matter experts
- BA or equivalent from a top-tier university; 5+ years of experience in similar roles
- Excited by start-up culture, workspace, and development
- Fluency in English a must; additional EU languages a plus
- Experience with startups is a bonus but not required
- Based in, or willing to relocate to, London or Amsterdam
ViaVan offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
ViaVan is an equal opportunity employer.