As a Strategic Operations Principal, you will oversee and drive operations to continually improve and grow our “BerlKönig” service in Berlin, which we operate together with our partner BVG. The role will initially be focused on the strategic management of our 150 (and growing), mostly electric, vehicle fleet and on conceptualizing the e-mobility future for our ridesharing service. This is an opportunity for a world-class manager to step into a leadership role in a key market.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee our large scale fleet-management operations and ensure high uptime of our fleet in a complex setting
- Tirelessly work with your team to scale operational processes and systems to allow for rapid growth
- Conceptualize and implement our e-mobility strategy while scaling up our electric vehicle fleet in Berlin
- Drive innovation and research for the shared mobility e-van of the future together with our mobility partners and our tech team
- Monitor operational efficiency and success in a data-driven way, and conduct analyses to identify improvement areas and find solutions
- Work with our product team to further improve ViaVan’s proprietary fleet management technology tools
- Contribute to the success of the BerlKönig service overall as part of the small Berlin leadership team
- Support ViaVan’s expansion into other cities with your knowledge and expertise
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in a startup, consulting firm, or other fast-paced environment
- Operational leader who loves solving problems: you know business success depends on smooth and efficient processes, and you enjoy solving complex problems to ensure world-class operations
- Analytical mastermind with a strong business sense: data is the foundation of everything you do, and you bring significant experience using analytics to drive business success
- Project management master: you thrive in fast-paced environments, troubleshooting issues in real time and overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Independent self-starter: you enjoy working as part of a small team and are excited to grow ViaVan Berlin and support our expansion into other cities
- Great collaborator: you have experience successfully working with various stakeholders, including product teams, on joint projects
- An exceptional team player: people love working with you and for you
- A Master’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Technology from a top-tier university and a record of exceptional academic achievement
- Fully fluent in German and English
What We Offer You
- An important role in a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company
- Meaningful work aimed at radically changing the way we move around in cities
- A feedback-seeking culture nurturing a steep personal learning curve
- A great, diverse local team passionate about technology and mobility, plus close collaboration with colleagues in Amsterdam, Stuttgart, New York City, and Tel Aviv
- An amazing office in the center of Berlin with healthy fruit, drinks, and snacks, and a subsidized fitness club membership
At ViaVan, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. A joint venture between Via, the world's leading developer and provider of on-demand mass transit technology, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world's preeminent automotive company, ViaVan is transforming the way people get around. From on-demand buses in London to the world's largest publicly operated electric shuttle fleet in Berlin, ViaVan's sophisticated mobility operating system is powering transportation in Europe's biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players across the continent. We've provided more than 6 million shared rides since our launch in 2017, and we're growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in London, Berlin, and Amsterdam, projects in over a dozen markets, and a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you're someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, is passionate about building the next generation of mobility technology, and never backs down from a challenge, we want to hear from you!
ViaVan offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
ViaVan is an equal opportunity employer.