Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via’s mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a dynamically-routed vehicle. First launched in New York City in September 2013, the Via platform operates in New York City, Chicago, and Washington DC, and in London and Amsterdam through ViaVan, its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans. Via also licenses its revolutionary on-demand transit technology to transportation players globally.
As Federal Policy & Government Affairs Principal, you will work with the VP of Policy & Government Affairs to develop and execute an impactful and comprehensive government relations and “thought leadership” strategy as we expand to new cities and become an internationally recognized brand.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Proactively initiate and cultivate relationships with federal policymakers and their staffs, ensuring Via’s policy stances are known
- Draft official written material: op-eds, blog posts, policy proposals, comments on regulations, formal correspondence, etc.
- Effectively represent Via and Via’s vision for the improvement of cities to the broader political and policy community
- Manage public policy firm and consultant engagements on targeted projects
- Work effectively within formal and informal industry coalitions, and otherwise develop industry contacts, to advance areas of common interest
- Represent the company at policy conferences and other forums
- 5-10 years' relevant experience
- A strategic thinker and day-to-day executor who can juggle several issues at once; you’re able to effectively consider and solve both short and long-term problems
- Execution-oriented; a self-starter who takes action and achieves tangible results
- A natural at public affairs; an excellent communicator with demonstrated writing, editing, and speaking skills
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a high level of responsibility
- You have a strong ability to articulate strategic objectives and have a deep knowledge of government and politics;
- In policy or geographic areas that are new to you, you can quickly get up to speed, identify the key issues, and quickly develop and execute a strategy;
- Have extensive experience managing relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Have significant experience in government, policy, and political affairs
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.