VGW is a fast-growing technology company and creator of market-leading online social games. With offices around the globe, we’re on a mission to be the biggest gaming company in the world!
Due to major growth we are expanding our Engineering team and currently looking for an Engineering Manager to join the team.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to become an integral part of our games team. In this role, you will lead a talented team of engineers building games that entertain and delight our players.
What you should know about our Engineering team:
- We make room to do things the right way
- You own your projects: you build it, you ship it, you run it
- We were born in the cloud: practices like CI/CD, IaC, O11y and CyberSec are part of what we do
Our game clients are written in Typescript using the PixiJS engine, and our new game servers are built on Node.js running on AWS ECS.
When it comes to Learning and Development:
- Learning is part of our fabric. We have a world class Engineering Learning and Development program and we are passionate about career development
- Thought pioneers regularly give tailored talks and workshops for our team
- We are proactive in the community attending many local and international conferences
- We have both a technical and management track for career progression and promotions
- We have a library of books and videos with good content and encourage staying on top of new practices
What you will bring to the role:
- You have extensive experience working with client-side development technologies and frameworks, including tools like React and HTML5
- You have a solid understanding of animation techniques and the ability to enhance user interfaces with dynamic visual elements
- You have experience building, developing and guiding high-performing technical teams
- You have extensive knowledge of cloud-based computing (we’re AWS-hosted)
- You have a solid grasp of backend fundamentals which complement your client-side expertise
- You are empathetic and dedicated to supporting and mentoring your team members in their career development
- While not mandatory, having prior experience with PixiJS or similar technologies, especially in the context of interactive visual application or 2d game development, is highly desirable
VGW has been disrupting the online gaming world since 2010 and we're only getting started. We've assembled an incredibly talented global team who bring their passion, energy and expertise to build games that people love.
At VGW, we have a modern approach to getting work done and a focus on creating an environment where amazing people can do amazing work. That means giving you the flexibility you need, providing spaces that will keep you comfortable and finding opportunities for you to keep learning and growing.
Find out more at www.vgw.co
If you want to join a team that does things differently apply today and we look forward to seeing what you can bring to our team.
We are on a huge mission to become the biggest gaming company in the world. As we grow to meet this goal, we need talented people rich in diversity to propel us forward. We truly believe the right mix of diversity and authenticity will be our winning hand.
We are committed to creating a diverse, engaging and inclusive culture for our people to shine, with a workplace that honours your experiences, perspectives, unique identity and passions. For those reasons, we encourage you to browse our employment opportunities and apply today. Please let us know of any accommodations you may need during the application process.