VGW is a fast-growing technology company and creator of market-leading online social games. With offices across Australia, USA, Canada, Malta and the Philippines we are on a mission to be the biggest gaming company in the world!
Due to major growth we are expanding our Legal team in Perth and currently looking for a Legal Counsel to join the team.
As a Legal Counsel at VGW, you will play an integral role in the business's operations at a commercial level by partnering with key stakeholders to provide pragmatic legal advice to mitigate risk.
Key responsibilities will include:
- You will negotiate, review and draft changes to a range of commercial agreements
- You will advise the business on issues around risk, privacy, data protection and marketing
- You will provide commercially focused legal support and advice
- You will monitor changes and developments in the legal and regulatory environment
- You will help in developing and implementing appropriate systems, policies and procedures for risk mitigation
- You will build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
What you will bring to the role:
- You have at least three years PQE with experience in a top-tier law firm or relevant in-house experience
- You are admitted as a lawyer to practise in Australia
- You have experience in fast-paced and dynamic industries
- You have excellent commercial judgement and communication skills
- You are a strong problem-solver with the ability to think beyond legal technicalities and view problems holistically
- You will ideally have experience in the technology industry, but this isn’t essential
VGW has been disrupting the online gaming world since 2010 and we're only getting started. We've assembled an incredibly talented global team who bring their passion, energy and expertise to build games that people love.
At VGW, we have a modern approach to getting work done and a focus on creating an environment where amazing people can do amazing work. That means giving you the flexibility you need, providing spaces that will keep you comfortable and finding opportunities for you to keep learning and growing.
Find out more at www.vgw.co
If you want to join a team that does things differently apply today and we look forward to seeing what you can bring to our team.
We are on a huge mission to become the biggest gaming company in the world. As we grow to meet this goal, we need talented people rich in diversity to propel us forward. We truly believe the right mix of diversity and authenticity will be our winning hand.
We are committed to creating a diverse, engaging and inclusive culture for our people to shine, with a workplace that honours your experiences, perspectives, unique identity and passions. For those reasons, we encourage you to browse our employment opportunities and apply today. Please let us know of any accommodations you may need during the application process.