Here’s the gist:
Vettery is fundamentally changing the way people hire and get hired. Leveraging machine learning models that track real-time data, monitor trends and predict hiring behavior, we’re able to help companies grow their teams with more accuracy, speed, and compatibility. We’re currently working with over 4,000 companies of all sizes, ranging from Fortune 500 giants to startups based out of co-working spaces.
Vettery is growing quickly and this role has the potential for huge impact on our trajectory. The focus of the data science team is on digitizing recruiting from candidate sourcing to profile “vetting” and curation to making the best matches between candidates and companies. We’re looking to add a Data Scientist to work on decision support, product optimization, and operation scaling projects across these areas. You’ll be reporting directly to our Director of Data Science and working closely with the product and engineering teams. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker and a good communicator who excels in a fast-paced environment.
- Build machine learning infrastructure and models (e.g. recommendation engines, statistical models, NLP engines) that drive activity on our platform, scale our business, and enhance the user experience
- Collaborate with engineering and product leaders, as well as the co-founders, to frame and tackle a problem, both mathematically and within the business context
- Develop creative solutions to our biggest data science and engineering challenges
- Communicate rationale for decisions and findings from analyses to facilitate operation decisions
- Design and track experiments for data science products as well as analyses throughout the organization
- In short, contribute meaningfully on all phases of the data science product lifecycle (exploratory data analysis, model development, model productionizing, rollout, and evaluation)
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field
- 2+ years of industry experience delivering and scaling successful and innovative machine learning products (e.g. recommendation engines, experimentation systems)
- Track record of success working both independently and with key stakeholders to identify and solve data science problems
- Strong skills in statistical languages (e.g. Python/R) and querying languages (e.g. SQL)
- Experience with NLP a plus! (but not required)
- With the above said, we always encourage people of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. We understand that job listings don't always allow your unique work history to shine so we invite you to show us what you know!
The laundry list of tech we like:
Python, PHP, Angular, Elasticsearch, AWS, MySQL, Apache. On the Data Science side, we're using Microservices API serving recommendations for our web app (Python, SQLAlchemy, MySQL, Flask).
- Competitive salary
- Open vacation & sick time
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Apple laptop computer
- Frequent team outings, lunches, and team building events
- A beautiful office in Union Square, recently named one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City
- Lots of free food: stocked kitchen + beverages