Here’s the gist:
Vettery is a tech company, but what we ultimately do is help people find their dream job. We are looking for self-starters who care about helping people find a job they love! It’s pretty simple, we are looking for hungry people with an energy to disrupt an ancient industry, while also enjoying the perks of a growing startup.
Our engineering needs have scaled with our company’s recent growth. We’re looking to add an experienced Director of Engineering to lead a group of engineers and accelerate our product development timeline.
- Manage a team of high-performing engineers on product builds and re-releases
- Help oversee the rollout of new data science and machine learning features
- Work in concert with our CTO and Co-founders to set and execute high-level engineering strategy
- Develop strong lines of communication between Engineering and Product teams, ensuring that the right feedback gets incorporated in development conversations
- Train and mentor junior engineers, empowering them to grow and take on additional responsibilities
- Support Engineering recruiting efforts by interviewing candidates and providing input during the final decision-making process
- Above all else, you must be a bar-raiser: top flight technical skills, the ability to lead engineering groups, and a track record of success working with Product and Executive teams to push development forward
- 8+ years of combined engineering experience; ideally starting as an individual contributor writing code, then transitioning to a Manager or Lead role for at least the last 2 years
- Experience scaling engineering infrastructure at a fast-growing startup is a big plus
- From a technical standpoint, we don’t require or expect experience with all of our stack, but for your reference, we’re currently using: Python, PHP, Angular, Elasticsearch, AWS, MySQL, Apache. On the Data Science side, we're using Microservices API serving recommendations for our web app (Python, SQLAlchemy, MySQL, Flask).
- With the above said, we always encourage people of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. We understand that job listings don't always allow your unique work history to shine so we invite you to show us what you know!
- Competitive salary
- Open vacation & sick time
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Apple laptop computer
- Frequent team outings, lunches, and team building events
- A beautiful office in Union Square, recently named one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City
- Lots of free food: stocked kitchen + beverages