Who are we?
Vettery is fundamentally changing the way people hire and get hired. Leveraging machine learning models that track real-time data, monitor trends and predict hiring behavior, we’re able to help companies grow their teams with more accuracy, speed, and compatibility. We’re currently working with over 4,000 companies of all sizes, ranging from Fortune 500 giants to startups based out of co-working spaces.
Backed by leading venture capitalists and angel investors including Greycroft Partners, Lightbank, Pritzker Group, and Fabrice Grinda, we have ambitious growth plans to upend the traditional and antiquated recruiting space. We’re trying to make the recruiting experience a happy one, both for the jobseeker and the employer!
What is the role?
You’ll become a founding member of Vettery’s Business Intelligence & Analytics team, delving deep into the company’s vast datasets to draw meaningful and actionable conclusions.
Vettery is undergoing rapid growth and changes, requiring a data-driven approach to scalability across all aspects of the business. Basically, spreadsheets filled with VLOOKUPs aren’t going to cut it. Your work will involve collaboration with several parts of the organization as you work with senior-level team members in order to understand their needs and pain-points. You’ll have a significant opportunity to create products such as dashboards, reports, and analyses that will be used on a regular basis by key stakeholders. If you’re someone who likes to find more efficient ways to accomplish something or uncover worthwhile insights previously unknown, you’ll fit right in.
The goal is for you to eventually transition to specialize on one or two segments of the business, becoming a domain expert and having ownership over the data and analytics. Whether it’s working closely with our accounts team to figure out how to increase the success of our clients or working with our advertising group to optimize acquisition campaigns, you’ll be the go-to person for data-related matters.
On a day-to-day basis, your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to deeply understand their needs and take the initiative to pinpoint avenues to leverage data to improve their processes.
- Build and improve clever products, including dashboards and reports, that will give insight into areas previously unexplored.
- Develop data-driven strategic proposals that have far-reaching impacts on the company’s growth.
- Enhance Vettery’s current data capabilities by devising new metrics and items to track, as well as ensure proper maintenance of existing data integrity.
- Formulate a roadmap of actionable milestones that lead towards a long-term vision of upending the recruiting industry.
What success looks like
Within your first month, you’ll have become comfortable with the structure of Vettery’s data while asking keen questions on current practices. You’ll also have met with the company’s management to gain an understanding of the various needs and priorities.
By the end of your third month, you’ll be regularly working with key stakeholders to craft clear and insightful analyses. Whether it’s Salesforce, Facebook, or internal data sources, you’ll know exactly where to go to figure out the solution.
After that, you’ll be responsible for the ownership over the data and insights of at least one business area of Vettery. It’ll be up to you to work with the team and lay out what priorities to work on in the context of the company’s overall vision. You’ll have plenty of responsibility, but you’ll have earned it by now!
What you need to be successful
- Experience working with data and products
- You have extensive experience gathering, analyzing, and acting on data for the betterment of a company.
- You are obsessed with understanding not only how products work but why they work the way they do.
- You constantly ask yourself how new features and situations can be quantified, tracked, and organized into the existing data structure.
- You’re adept at SQL and comfortable working with business intelligence platforms and visualization tools.
- A collaborative and compassionate attitude
- You excel at communicating complex ideas to people of different backgrounds, no matter the medium.
- You’re able to effectively understand a stakeholder’s position, putting yourself in their place to devise intuitively useful output.
- Enjoyment of tough problems centered around people
- You must be a person who is comfortable digging through the weeds, getting your hands dirty, and ultimately acting on your findings. Finding a job and hiring the perfect candidate are deeply personal endeavors, which often lead to difficult situations and ambiguous quandaries.
- You should be passionate about helping people and care deeply about improving the recruiting experience.
With the above said, we always encourage people of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. We understand that job listings don't always allow your unique work history to shine so we invite you to show us what you know!
Named as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City for two consecutive years in a row, Vettery offers a variety of benefits in addition to the opportunity to build a world-class company:
- Competitive salary
- Open vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Frequent team outings, lunches, and team-building events
- Stocked kitchen and beverages
Have a peek on how we work with leading employers, such as Peloton: