Here’s the gist:
Vettery is fundamentally changing the way people hire and get hired. Leveraging machine learning models that track real-time data, monitor trends and predict hiring behavior, we’re able to help companies grow their teams with accuracy, speed, and compatibility. We’re currently working with over 20,000 companies of all sizes, ranging from Fortune 500 giants to startups based out of co-working spaces.
The focus of the data science team is digitizing the recruiting process - from cutting edge recommendations algorithms, to analytics for performance predictions, to NLP projects for candidate sourcing and profile creation. Vettery data scientists work on decision support, product optimization, and operations scaling projects across these areas. We’re growing quickly and this role has the potential for huge impact on our trajectory. You’ll be reporting directly to our Head of Data Science and working closely with the product and engineering teams. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a critical thinker and a good communicator who excels in a fast-paced environment. Join our team and help us build the game-changing data science products that will transform recruiting!
Who you are:
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field.
- 3+ years of industry experience delivering and scaling successful and innovative machine learning products (e.g. recommendation engines, experimentation systems).
- Track record of success working both independently and with key stakeholders to identify and solve data science problems.
- Strong skills in statistical languages (e.g. Python/R) and querying languages (e.g. SQL).
- Experience with NLP a plus! (but not required)
- With the above said, we always encourage people of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. We understand that job listings don't always allow your unique work history to shine so we invite you to show us what you know!
What you’ll do:
- Work with a highly motivated, fun and productive team.
- Move quickly and deliver amazing data science products, developing creative solutions to our biggest data science and engineering challenges.
- Build machine learning infrastructure and models (e.g. recommendation engines, statistical models, NLP engines) that drive activity on our platform, scale our business, and enhance the user experience.
- Collaborate with engineering and product leaders, as well as senior leadership, to frame and tackle a problem, both mathematically and within the business context.
- Communicate rationale and findings from analyses to facilitate operational decisions.
- Design and track experiments for data science products as well as analyses throughout the organization.
- In short, own all phases of the data science product lifecycle (exploratory data analysis, model development, model productionizing, rollout, and evaluation)
Vettery has five key values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
- Positivity - We’re positive when things get difficult so we can stay motivated and lift each other up. We’re very team focused in everything we do so contagious positive energy is extremely impactful.
- Ownership - We take pride in our work and take on a lot of responsibility from day one. All of us have the ability to see how our work and performance impact the success of the business.
- Grit - We love getting in the trenches and building from the ground up. Even though we’ve significantly grown since our tiny startup days, we still have that scrappy mentality and love that there’s still a lot to accomplish.
- Awareness - We’re focused, strategic, and constantly learning from our experiences. Each of us knows what’s expected of us as a corporate citizen and within our teams.
- Collaboration - We learn from one another and are constantly working with each other, within and across teams. Every team has an impact on others and we take pride in clear lines of communication.
Why you’ll love working at Vettery:
We love coming to work on Monday. It’s easy to love the work you do when you see the positive impact it has, and helping someone find their dream job can change their life forever. We believe in our mission, love the work, and have fun doing it together. Plus, coming to work in our sunny Flatiron office is easy when there are so many things to look forward to: Flag Football games, Thursday Game Night, Cross-Team lunches, company happy hours, volunteer events, adorable pups, ping-pong, and your favorite snacks.
We know life is about more than just work. We have an open vacation policy so you can take the time you need to relax and rejuvenate, contribute to the cost of insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), and offer a fully paid 12-week parental leave, 401k, commuter benefits, and gym membership discounts.
We invest in your development. A company is only as strong as its team, and we want to help strengthen every member of our team. We give everyone the opportunities and support they need to reach that next professional level through company-sponsored General Assembly classes and conferences, in-house training, a culture of continuous feedback, and the chance to run with projects.
We’re consistently recognized for our culture. We’re listed #5 on Fortune's 60 Best Companies to Work for in New York City this year, and have been previously honored at Crain’s Best Places to Work Awards and included in Inc Best Workplaces.
Vettery values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.