Here’s the gist:
Vettery is changing the way people hire and get hired. We use machine learning and real-time data to match talented job-seekers with inspiring companies. Our goal is to enrich and automate the recruiting process, make hiring more rewarding for everyone, and create a happier and more accountable working world.
Since launching in 2015, we've made thousands of matches on our marketplace. We’re currently working with more than over 45,000 job-seekers and over 20,000 companies, from Fortune 500 giants to startups based out of co-working spaces. We’ve built powerful machine learning capabilities, and our matching algorithm is becoming more intelligent with each passing day. With an eye on the future, we’re expanding our reach across major cities in the US, and around the globe.
As an Internal Recruiter at Vettery, you will be responsible for Vettery’s most important asset -- our people. We will see major growth in 2020 and we’re looking for another Recruiter to join our all-star team, one who will help us scale while holding themselves accountable to the highest standard of best recruiting practices. You will own the entire recruitment lifecycle from sourcing to closing candidates for various open roles and will partner with internal stakeholders to achieve ambitious hiring goals. Beyond your job duties as a recruiter, you will also collaborate with the entire People Team (Recruiting, HR, and Workplace Operations) to build and embody the culture of our growing organization.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Actively source, recruit, and hire top talent for teams across the organization including Sales, Engineering, Product and Marketing
- Manage the entire hiring process from initial phone screen to offer acceptance
- Effectively partner with internal stakeholders and managers to create a customized and top of the line hiring process and candidate experience
- Assess qualified candidates through various portals including job postings, referrals, networking, and web sourcing
- Think outside the box! We encourage recruiters to come up with their own creative solutions to attracting top talent
- Act as an advocate and resource to internal candidates by filtering, screening, and actively engaging talent within the company
- Provide a positive experience for all candidates from phone screen to offer accept
- Be an ambassador of the Vettery brand, assisting with any recruiting events, projects, or recruitment related processes.
- Most importantly: a positive attitude - we are looking for people who truly care about helping others!
- 3+ years of experience in recruiting, preferably at a high volume startup or agency
- Familiarity with engineering recruitment is a plus
- Ability to balance multiple job searches and business demands at one time
- Ability to generate a consistent, high quality pipeline of candidates that align with Vettery’s core values
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with a growth mindset and desire to work in a fast-paced, highly-demanding, ever-changing environment
- With the above said, we always encourage people of all backgrounds, and all experiences, to apply. More than anyone else, we understand that job requisitions don't always allow your unique work history to shine, and we invite you to show us what you know!
Vettery has five key values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
- Positivity - We’re positive when things get difficult so we can stay motivated and lift each other up. We’re very team focused in everything we do so contagious positive energy is extremely impactful.
- Ownership - We take pride in our work and take on a lot of responsibility from day one. All of us have the ability to see how our work and performance impact the success of the business.
- Grit - We love getting in the trenches and building from the ground up. Even though we’ve significantly grown since our tiny startup days, we still have that scrappy mentality and love that there’s still a lot to accomplish.
- Awareness - We’re focused, strategic, and constantly learning from our experiences. Each of us knows what’s expected of us as a corporate citizen and within our teams.
- Collaboration - We learn from one another and are constantly working with each other, within and across teams. Every team has an impact on others and we take pride in clear lines of communication.
Why you’ll love working at Vettery:
We love coming to work on Monday. It’s easy to love the work you do when you see the positive impact it has, and helping someone find their dream job can change their life forever. We believe in our mission, love the work, and have fun doing it together. Plus, coming to work in our sunny Flatiron office is easy when there are so many things to look forward to: Flag Football games, Thursday Game Night, Cross-Team lunches, company happy hours, volunteer events, adorable pups, ping-pong, and your favorite snacks.
We know life is about more than just work. We have an open vacation policy so you can take the time you need to relax and rejuvenate, contribute to the cost of insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), and offer a fully paid 12-week parental leave, 401k, commuter benefits, and gym membership discounts.
We invest in your development. A company is only as strong as its team, and we want to help strengthen every member of our team. We give everyone the opportunities and support they need to reach that next professional level through company-sponsored General Assembly classes and conferences, in-house training, a culture of continuous feedback, and the chance to run with projects.
We’re consistently recognized for our culture. We’re listed #5 on Fortune's 60 Best Companies to Work for in New York City this year, included on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Women list, and have been previously honored with Crain’s Best Places to Work and Inc. Best Workplaces awards.
Vettery values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.