Vettery is changing the way people hire and get hired. We use machine learning and real-time data to match talented job-seekers with inspiring companies. Our goal is to enrich and automate the recruiting process, make hiring more rewarding for everyone, and create a happier and more accountable working world.
Since launching in 2015, we've made thousands of matches on our marketplace. We’re currently working with over 45,000 job-seekers and 20,000 companies, from Fortune 500 giants to startups based out of co-working spaces. We’ve built powerful machine learning capabilities, and our matching algorithm is becoming more intelligent with each passing day. With an eye on the future, we’re expanding our reach across major cities in the US, and around the globe.
Vettery Engineering is working to build a highly innovative platform enabling an efficient experience for our users so that we can continue to make hiring more rewarding for all. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will lead infrastructure architecture for a greenfield project, operationalizing and scaling an incoming data processing and machine learning pipeline globally.
Key responsibilities and expectations:
- Design and build development, staging, and production environments
- Research, plan, set up and socialize tools to improve developer workflow
- Expand and maintain CI/CD tooling and processes
- Improve deployment processes to ensure zero downtime and clear rollback protocols for releases
- Continually lead, facilitate, and coordinate synchronized releases to maximize value delivered to their customers
- Work in a highly agile development environment and practice Agile/Scrum methodology
- Participate in hackathons, team outings, lunches and other team building events
- 3+ years of professional DevOps experience
- Expert knowledge in AWS resources including but not limited to VPC networking, EC2, S3, IAM, Route 53, RDS
- Familiarity with container orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with provisioning and orchestration tools Ansible, Terraform, Concourse, etc.
- Basic understanding of SQL and experience scaling and optimizing MySQL on RDS is a plus
- Degree in computer science, engineering or a related field is a plus
Vettery has five key values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
- Positivity - We’re positive when things get difficult so we can stay motivated and lift each other up. We’re very team focused in everything we do so contagious positive energy is extremely impactful.
- Ownership - We take pride in our work and take on a lot of responsibility from day one. All of us have the ability to see how our work and performance impact the success of the business.
- Grit - We love getting in the trenches and building from the ground up. Even though we’ve significantly grown since our tiny startup days, we still have that scrappy mentality and love that there’s still a lot to accomplish.
- Awareness - We’re focused, strategic, and constantly learning from our experiences. Each of us knows what’s expected of us as a corporate citizen and within our teams.
- Collaboration - We learn from one another and are constantly working with each other, within and across teams. Every team has an impact on others and we take pride in clear lines of communication.
Why you’ll love working at Vettery:
We love coming to work on Monday. It’s easy to love the work you do when you see the positive impact it has, and helping someone find their dream job can change their life forever. We believe in our mission, love the work, and have fun doing it together. Plus, coming to work in our sunny Flatiron office is easy when there are so many things to look forward to: Flag Football games, Thursday Game Night, Cross-Team lunches, company happy hours, volunteer events, adorable pups, ping-pong, and your favorite snacks.
We know life is about more than just work. We have an open vacation policy so you can take the time you need to relax and rejuvenate, contribute to the cost of insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), and offer a fully paid 12-week parental leave, 401k, commuter benefits, and gym membership discounts.
We invest in your development. A company is only as strong as its team, and we want to help strengthen every member of our team. We give everyone the opportunities and support they need to reach that next professional level through company-sponsored General Assembly classes and conferences, in-house training, a culture of continuous feedback, and the chance to run with projects.
We’re consistently recognized for our culture. We’re listed #5 on Fortune's 60 Best Companies to Work for in New York City this year, and have been previously honored at Crain’s Best Places to Work Awards and included in Inc Best Workplaces.
Vettery values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.