Here’s the gist:
Vettery is a tech company, but what we ultimately do is help people find their dream job. We are looking for self-starters who care about helping people find a job they love! It’s pretty simple, we are looking for hungry people with an energy to disrupt an ancient industry, while also enjoying the perks of a growing startup.
Vettery engineers work across the full stack and are committed to optimizing the experience for our users as well as our employees. A Vettery engineer has input into the whole process of the company from business decisions to where our tech stack is going. You will be involved in all levels of the products we produce. There is a large variety of projects here and we strive to align people with what tech they like to use or want to learn.
- Move quickly and deliver goodness. We love iterating our product and do it often
- Continuous improvement and iteration of our process. We continually evaluate how we work, the tools we use, and what we are doing to optimize for ourselves, our users and the whole company
- Vettery is a respectful and supportive development environment. We make a comfortable place to share your ideas. Achievements as well as failures are shared among the team
- Agile/Scrum methodology (with some elements of Kanban).
- The advantages of working with a fun small team at a startup but with a good work/life balance
- Most importantly a positive attitude
- Self-starter who is able to work in a highly demanding environment
- 4+ years of professional programming experience
- Knowledge of MVC, SOA, APIs, Microservices and other design patterns and principles
- Comfortable writing SQL queries, creating an API endpoint, consuming that API on the front end
- Can communicate clearly to developers as well as non-technical team members
- Hunger for knowledge and sharing -- take pride in the craft of your work
- Experience building complex and maintainable systems
- With the above said, we always encourage people of all backgrounds, and all experiences, to apply. More than anyone else, we understand that job requisitions don't always allow your unique work history to shine, and we invite you to show us what you know!
The laundry list of tech we like:
- Competitive salary
- Open vacation & sick time
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Apple laptop computer
- Frequent team outings, lunches, and team building events
- A beautiful office in Union Square, recently named one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City
- Lots of free food: stocked kitchen + beverages