Vettery is fundamentally changing the way people hire and get hired. Leveraging machine learning models that track real-time data, monitor trends and predict hiring behavior, we’re able to help companies grow their teams with more accuracy, speed, and compatibility. We’re currently working with over 4,000 companies of all sizes, ranging from Fortune 500 giants to startups based out of co-working spaces.
We’re looking for a passionate professional to lead our PR strategy. A creative thinker who knows how to craft a good story, and is determined to help spread the Vettery brand both locally and globally. As Vettery launches and announces new markets, programs, and partnerships you’ll be responsible for creating and communicating the media strategy and pitching stories to reporters. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, creative, resourceful, and has a strong network of media connections and relationships.
A little bit more about what you’ll do:
- Own and oversee all of Vettery’s PR strategy
- Draft media relations materials such as pitches, press releases, quotes, briefing materials and coverage reports
- Create and maintain PR Calendar
- Establish and grow relationships with global, national and local print, online and broadcast media
- Execute strategies to build thought leadership for Vettery leaders, working to develop content pieces, secure media profiles, and high-impact speaking engagements.
- Collaborate with internal events and partnership leads to execute press worthy brand experience.
- Track and report on results of PR program
- Most importantly, a positive person! You'll be working in a highly demanding and ever-changing startup environment.
- 4+ years experience in Public Relations
- Experience running PR campaigns from start-to-finish.
- Strong relationships and deep networks with local and national top-tier consumer/business/tech/HR & Recruiting media.
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills – you will be our brand ambassador to the press, so we need you to articulately communicate our vision with each interaction
- With the above said, we always encourage people of all backgrounds, and all experiences, to apply. More than anyone else, we understand that job requisitions don't always allow your unique work history to shine, and we invite you to show us what you know!
- Competitive salary
- Open vacation & sick time
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Apple laptop computer
- Frequent team outings, lunches, and team building events
- A beautiful office located in a sunny corner in the Flatiron district, recently named one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City
- Lots of free food: stocked kitchen + beverages