Vettery is fundamentally changing the way people hire and get hired. Leveraging machine learning models that track real-time data, monitor trends and predict hiring behavior, we’re able to help companies grow their teams with more accuracy, speed, and compatibility. We’re currently working with over 4,000 companies of all sizes, ranging from Fortune 500 giants to startups based out of co-working spaces.
For the Senior Copywriting position, we’re looking for a passionate storyteller. Someone who has a good ole’ time writing good ole’ sentences like this one we used in a partner give-away e-mail:
Sunglasses are great for two main things: 1) putting on dogs to squeeze out an extra handful of social media likes and 2) causing others to wonder if you're a celebrity if worn inside at dinner. A third, hidden function is also available for those in the know... protecting your special eyes from the blinding talent on the Vettery platform.
You should not only be a master of words, but also a big thinker. We’re looking for someone who can work collaboratively to concept campaign ideas, create a strong brand presence through words and craft copy that leads to impressive customer acquisition, tailored to different audience segments and user personas while staying true to our brand. Details are important to you. If you like the way small things, such as individual words, can be placed together strategically to create something big, like trust in a brand, then we’d love to hear from you!
A little more about what you’ll do:
- Collaborate with teams across Vettery to concept and write branded communications: ad campaigns, demand generation e-mails, social posts, marketing, blog posts, sales sequences, event announcements, etc.
- Work closely with the Product to craft UI/UX copy and clearly communicate how Vettery works
- Own the Vettery Blog including strategy, content calendar, producing content and growth tactics
- Assist with User Research and Experience to fully understand how people use Vettery
- Manage social media content and strategy
- Most importantly, a positive person! You'll be working in a highly demanding and ever-changing startup environment.
- 4+ years of experience in a professional writing role
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Advertising, Creative Writing, English or a related field (portfolio school is a plus)
- Strong editorial judgment and writing ability
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize your workload
- A self-starter who actively seeks projects to work on and is capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- With the above said, we always encourage people of all backgrounds, and all experiences, to apply. More than anyone else, we understand that job requisitions don't always allow your unique work history to shine, and we invite you to show us what you know!
- Competitive salary
- Open vacation & sick time
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Apple laptop computer
- Frequent team outings, lunches, and team building events
- A beautiful office located in a sunny corner in the Flatiron district, recently named one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City
- Lots of free food: stocked kitchen + beverages