Vettery is fundamentally changing the way people hire and get hired. Leveraging machine learning models that track real-time data, monitor trends and predict hiring behavior, we’re able to help companies grow their teams with more accuracy, speed, and compatibility. We’re currently working with over 15,000 companies of all sizes, ranging from Fortune 500 giants to startups based out of co-working spaces.
The Senior Product Designer will be embedded on a cross-functional team and work closely with the PM, engineers, and own design within that team, as well as take on leadership roles within the Product Design team, led by our Director of Product Design.
In 2018 we more than doubled the size of our tech team, brought on a VP of Product from Google, a Director of Engineering from Amazon, and grew our user base by 700%. So, suffice to say, big things are happening!
Who you are:
- You have 6+ years of Product and Interaction Design (Startup and SaaS experience is a plus).
- You’re passionate about end-to-end Product Design. You know how to craft experiences that feel good, look good, and address user needs.
- You’re experienced in guiding teams from divergent ideas to a solution everyone believes in.
- You can simultaneously see the big picture and pay attention to detail.
- You’re a team player and thrive on collaboration with your team.
- You can show us a portfolio that speaks to your process and end results.
- You’re a kind person, to others and especially yourself.
What you'll do:
- Lead an end-to-end design process on a cross-functional team, from discovery through UX/UI implementation.
- Lead user research, both qualitative and quantitative to continuously learn more about our users’ workflow, problems, and needs.
- Brainstorm with the product team, design team as well as other departments to come up with responsible, scalable solutions to user problems.
- Provide design solutions in the form of journey maps, wireframes, prototypes and hi-fidelity designs (We work in Sketch and Invision).
- Support design solutions by testing internally and conducting user testing sessions.
- Work closely with engineers to implement and release your designs.
- Respect and contribute to the evolving design system.
- Innovate on new features made possible by forward-thinking engineers and data scientists.
- You’re able to, in addition to your day-to-day work, take on responsibilities for the Product Design Team, and be a mentor to junior designers.
- Compensation on par with NYC’s top tech companies
- Open vacation and sick time
- Awesome medical, vision, and dental insurance — really.
- Frequent team outings, lunches, and social events.
- A beautiful office located in a sunny corner in the Flatiron district, recently named one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City
- Bring your dog to work! (Or enjoy other dogs)
- Lots of free produce, snacks, and drinks. Our kitchen is stocked!