Vettery is fundamentally changing the way people hire and get hired. Leveraging machine learning models that track real-time data, monitor trends and predict hiring behavior, we’re able to help companies grow their teams with more accuracy, speed, and compatibility. We’re currently working with over 4,000 companies of all sizes, ranging from Fortune 500 giants to startups based out of co-working spaces.
Our mission: Help everyone on Earth match with a job they love. We’re backed by and operate independently from The Adecco Group, the world’s largest recruiting company generating $25 billion per year in revenue.
As a Senior Product Designer at Vettery, you’ll join experienced leadership (Google, Amazon, ZocDoc, iHeartRadio, Sapient). In 2018 our team is growing from 80 to 300, and you’ll join at just the right time to develop a best-in-class design culture, process, and product. On the UX team, you’ll report to the Director of User Experience and mentor three mid-level product designers and one researcher (hiring in Q3/Q4).
If you’re an eternal optimist obsessed with the intersection of frustration and possibility, the forefront of new tech, and building upon first principles we’d love to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- Lead design projects from start to finish, owning the feedback loop of discovery, ideation, evaluation, and team review.
- Plan and facilitate design workshops, reviews, and research.
- Manage multiple projects in different stages of design.
- Create elegant interaction design that responds to a range of screen sizes.
- Think beyond GUI to influence organizational systems and services.
- Work with the engineers in our product team to give them just-right fidelity documentation (wireframes, prototypes, specs, and assets).
- Contribute to and help evolve our design system - experience with motion interface design or conversational interaction flows are a plus.
- Proactively build relationships and collaborate with internal groups and our customers to gather perspectives, spread insights, and improve design.
- Develop product visions with the team and transform into detailed pixel-level documentation, visualizing complex workflows in accessible ways.
- Pursue multiple approaches to achieve a common goal, rallying the team to narrow down from many options to one.
- Advocate for design principles in written reports, everyday conversation, and group presentations.
Who you are:
- 4-6 years of experience owning and executing a highly-collaborative product design process, preferably in-house or similar agency experience.
- Have a college degree, with bonus points for specializing in human-computer interaction, human factors, psychology, computer science, information science, or similar.
- Communicates complex rationale - visuals, written, spoken - with clarity, brevity, detail, and a point of view.
- Mastery of interface design and prototyping tools: we use Sketch and Invision.
- Embraces and invites critiques, knows how to practice “strong opinions held loosely”
- Passionate about Vettery and your continuous professional growth.
- Knows when to execute with finesse and when quick and dirty does it.
- Knows when to use which design method.
- Demonstrates their ideas with data, empathy, and an awareness of opportunity costs.
- Bonus points: Mentored junior product designers, maintained a design system, used A/B testing to influence design choices, experience with localization and accessibility best practices, experience at top tech companies with a mature design process
- With the above said, we always encourage people of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. We understand that job listings don't always allow your unique work history to shine so we invite you to show us what you know!
- Competitive salary
- Open vacation & sick time
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Apple laptop computer
- Frequent team outings, lunches, and team building events
- A beautiful office located in a sunny corner in the Flatiron district, recently named one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City
- Lots of free food: stocked kitchen + beverages