Here’s the gist:
Vettery is fundamentally changing the way people hire and get hired. Leveraging machine learning models that track real-time data, monitor trends and predict hiring behavior, we’re able to help companies grow their teams with more accuracy, speed, and compatibility. We’re currently working with over 4,000 companies of all sizes, ranging from Fortune 500 giants to startups based out of co-working spaces.
Our engineering needs have scaled with our company’s recent growth. We’re looking to add an experienced engineering leader for a group of engineering teams to accelerate our product development timeline and promote best engineering practices across teams.
- Manage teams of high-performing engineers delivering highly innovative solutions from design to release across product areas
- Ownership across product areas and technology stack to ensure continuous innovation in technology to deliver aggressive product objectives
- Manage design, development and release of a standardized stack of services
- Work across data science, UX design and product teams to deliver innovative solutions.
- Help oversee the rollout of innovative features in data science, machine learning, ux design, release automation, test automation features.
- Work in concert with engineering leadership to establish best practices and promote innovation oriented culture
- Develop strong lines of communication between engineering and product teams, ensuring that the right feedback gets incorporated in development conversations
- Develop a culture of autonomy, ownership and innovation across the team
- Support engineering recruiting efforts by interviewing candidates and providing input during the final decision-making process
- Above all else, you must be a bar-raiser: proven ability to lead innovation centric teams high performing teams and promoting good engineering culture.
- 8+ years of combined engineering experience; ideally starting as an individual contributor writing code, then transitioning to senior management roles
- Experience scaling engineering infrastructure at a fast-growing startup is a big plus
- Ability to provide technical leadership in the areas of machine learning, data pipelines, database standardization, frontend, backend, monitoring or release systems
- Set a high bar for engineering efforts across teams to ensure excellence in development efforts
- Advocate of a culture of innovation and engineering best practices across teams
- Competitive salary
- Open vacation & sick time
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Apple laptop computer
- Frequent team outings, lunches, and team building events
- A beautiful office located in a sunny corner in the Flatiron district, recently named one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City
- Lots of free food: stocked kitchen + beverages