Overall Description of Duties
Typically oversee all aspects of the project, leading a team on large projects or a significant segment of large and complex projects. Analyze new and complex project-related problems and create innovative solutions that normally involve the schedule, technology, methodology, tools, solution components, and financial management of the project. Provide applications systems analysis and long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, systems maintenance, and production activities for necessary support resources.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must have a minimum of two (2) of the following certifications: MCSE, MCSA, CCNP, CCNA, VCP, ITIL Foundations, CompTIA Server+, CompTIA Network+, Linux+, Security+, Cloud+, MS Azure Administrator, MS O365 Administrator, AWS Cloud Practitioner and/or PMP.
- 10 years of hands on experience performing in a Network Engineering or Network Administrative role. Some supervisory experience preferred.
- Expertise in switch and router configuration and configuration backup.
- Good understanding of networking technology with an emphasis of LAN networking (Switches; Routers; Firewalls; Load Balancers; Security Products (VPN; NAC; etc.).
- Ability to learn to solve complex systems problems quickly and serve as the engineer of last resort for networking issues.
- Understanding of IP based platforms and addressing, DHCP, DNS and Cisco products/technology.
- Understanding of network monitoring systems, security network scanning tools (Retina/Wire Shark), and Packet analyzers.
- good understanding of TACACS+, RADIUS, TCP/IP, and IPv6
- Aptitude in scripting to automate network equipment tasks, updates and configuration backups.
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communications skills; capable of interfacing with all levels of management, project managers, development engineers, Helpdesk team, and other technical and administrative departments.
- Skilled in trending chronic problems, engaging in capability planning, analyzing security events, as well as preparing appropriate solutions.
- Manages Installs, configures, updates, and maintains network devices in a large-complex environment.
- Manage switched architecture to include creating VLANs, managing VTP domains, spanning tree, DHCP spoofing, ARP spoofing, and port security.
- Monitor networking equipment and maintain activity logs via Syslog tools.
- Manage the health of the network via SNMP tools.
- Document systems and network infrastructure in various written formats (VISIO, MS Project, Word, etc.).
- Manages complex hardware deployments, software upgrades, and significant projects.
- Performs network problem management, isolation, and resolution.
- Monitors network capacity (device resource utilization, bandwidth usage etc.) and takes appropriate action to report and correct any issues.
- Coordinates with Project Management, Security, and Asset Management, Customer Service, and Helpdesk teams as necessary for problem support and project management.
- Mitigates security vulnerability findings of network equipment. Test and install software updates and security patches.
- Monitors faults, performance, and capacity issues; prepares remediation reports and documentation.
- Reviews and analyzes daily reports and prepares periodic reports for network status and baseline performance; researches, identifies, and analyzes trends of utilization and errors.
- Uses ServiceNow to document trouble tickets and keep track of issues and resolutions, establishes/recommends resolution strategies accordance with fault, performance, or capacity-related items.
- Provides 24 x 7 support for network devices and environment, participates in rotating “on-call” schedule, and participates in occasional weekend maintenance windows to perform tasks which are disruptive.
- Conducts gap analyses as needed for the network infrastructure and provides results and recommendations to management for review.
IntelliDyne, LLC is a market-leading IT Services firm that has been delivering Above and Beyond consulting services to Government and Commercial clients for more than a decade. In fact, many of our first clients have enjoyed the Above and Beyond consulting experience so much that they are still partnered with us more than 20 years later. Why? Because IntelliDyne's exceptional personnel fuse industry expertise, experience, science, process, and innovative technology solutions together to help client organizations transform and realize outstanding performance outcomes. On matters of national, state, and local importance, Government organizations rely on IntelliDyne for Above and Beyond consulting services and solutions in Defense, Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, and Civilian.
IntelliDyne is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.