Nice to meet you, we’re Vesta Healthcare.
Vesta Healthcare is a startup with a simple mission: Delivering extraordinary outcomes by unlocking the power of caregivers. We enable people with personal assistance to thrive at home, in their community by assuring their caregivers have the resources, data, and support they need. We achieve this through a combination of analytics, technology, services, and deep healthcare expertise.
Our program monitors in real-time, identifying issues before they become health events, and helping connect those in need with those who can help via technologies such as video, chat, and telephone. Our technology platform includes home-based mobile applications, a clinical dashboard, and data analytics on data not previously available to health professionals. We are disrupting a $109 billion industry and have recently closed our latest funding round with a blue-chip list of investors.
We’re looking to add to our team of experts who care deeply about our mission.
Our team is passionate, driven, collaborative, intellectually curious, and excited about the opportunity to transform our healthcare system. We're inspired by caregivers and seek to create a platform that recognizes, utilizes and supports the vital role they play. We strive to continuously learn, explore, experiment and achieve results. We are here to improve the quality of life for caregivers and care recipients, allowing them to focus on the important things (like going to the mall with their grandkids)
OUR TECH STACK
- Backend: Service oriented with Java with Spring Boot and PostgreSQL
- Frontend: Typescript with React / React Native.
- Data & BI: Fivetran, Snowflake, Tableau
- Infrastructure: ECS, RDS, Lambda, SQS, Kinesis, Cloudformation, and more
- QA: Cypress for e2e and Detox for mobile
The ideal teammate would be able to…
- Develop and iterate on data extraction, loading, and transformation processes involving multiple different data sources
- Own our Data Warehouse data model
- Interact closely with stakeholders to determine analytics needs and translate those into efficient and scalable data processes.
Would you describe yourself as someone who has:
- 3+ years of hands-on development experience in data engineering. (required)
- Advanced SQL knowledge (required)
- Advanced knowledge in Python, Java or any other modern languages (required)
- Has worked in a modern data warehouse (we use Snowflake + Tableau) before or has deep knowledge of how they work (preferred)
- Strong understanding of database schema design, caching, and scalability
- Has worked in a CI/CD environment before and is used to using Git daily
- Has worked directly in AWS (or similar public cloud provider), standing up and maintaining infrastructure, ideally using an infrastructure-as-code solution
- Experience owning data pipelines end-to-end
- Experience with healthcare data is a plus but not required
- Familiarity with data testing and monitoring a plus but not required
- Writes understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
- Solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures and software design practices
- Able to work autonomously and always has a vision of the big picture
In addition to amazing teammates, we also offer:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a choice of many different plans/costs partially subsidized by us
- Paid vacation
- Paid Sick/personal days
- 12 paid holidays
- Hybrid working environment
- One time reimbursement to set up your home office
- Monthly reimbursement for internet or other home office expenses
- Monthly gym reimbursement to be used for gyms, home equipment, online classes, etc
- Basic Life & AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Benefits paid fully by us
- Voluntary benefits such as Pet, Home and Auto, Legal Insurance plus more
- Pre-tax Flex Spending/Dependent Care/Transit accounts
- 401k with match
- Partial ownership of Vesta Healthcare via stock options
Pay range is $135K - $155K annually based on experience.
We look forward to speaking with you!
Vesta Healthcare is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. Vesta Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Candidates are selected without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
We are constantly searching for the most dynamic and best talent to join our team with a mission of empowering caregivers in the home!
If you are ever contacted by e-mail from any domain other than https://vestahealthcare.com, please do not respond, as there is a likelihood it could be a scam as it is not a legitimate Vesta email. You might see things from a similar domain address, but with a slight misspelling, for example. We have no responsibility for any communication that does not come from the https://vestahealthcare.com domain, and we strongly advise that you not provide information or respond if not from the legitimate Vesta domain. If you have any concerns that outreach might not be legitimate, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmation.