Nice to meet you, we’re Vesta Healthcare.
Vesta Healthcare is a startup with a simple mission: Delivering extraordinary outcomes by unlocking the power of caregivers. Caregivers are one of the largest, most untapped resources in the healthcare delivery system and are the unsung heroes of their care recipients. Yet despite their vital role, they are largely unsupported and invisible to the healthcare ecosystem.
At Vesta Healthcare, we enable people with personal assistance to thrive at home, in their community by assuring the people they rely on, their caregivers, have the resources, data, and support they need. We achieve this through a combination of analytics, technology, services, and deep healthcare expertise. Our analytics help identify and target the right people and populations. Our technology creates real-time connectivity and actionable data out of observations. Our services connect to real people who can help when needs arise, and our healthcare expertise helps us understand how we create value for both payers and providers.
Our program monitors in real-time, identifying issues before they become health events, and helping connect those in need with those who can help via technologies such as video, chat, and telephone. Our technology platform includes home-based mobile applications, a clinical dashboard, and data analytics on data not previously available to health professionals. We are disrupting a $109 billion industry and have recently closed our latest funding round with a blue-chip list of investors.
We’re looking to add to our team of experts who care deeply about our mission.
Our team is passionate, driven, collaborative, intellectually curious, and excited about the opportunity to transform our healthcare system. We're inspired by caregivers and seek to create a platform that recognizes, utilizes and supports the vital role they play. We strive to continuously learn, explore, experiment and achieve results. We are here to improve the quality of life for caregivers and care recipients, allowing them to focus on the important things (like going to the mall with their grandkids)
The ideal teammate would…
Provide legal and compliance services, and assist in drafting and executing legal documents such as customer contract, vendor contracts, non-disclosure agreements, Business Associate Agreements, settlement agreements, meeting minutes and purchase agreements.
The ideal teammate would be able to:
- Provide legal advice and support on corporate and contract matters, including NDAs, BAAs, Vendor Agreements, Independent Contractor Agreements, Settlement Agreements, Equipment (laptop), Purchase Agreements, meeting minutes, etc. (required)
- Provide legal and compliance support on federal and state healthcare regulatory compliance matters
- Provide legal and compliance support for regulatory audits and surveys, Clinical Quality Committee and Compliance Committee meetings. (required)
- Develop and maintain company compliance policies and procedures and maintain legal and compliance form agreements and documents.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry regulations, including general developments in health law and policies promulgated by regulatory bodies.
- Establish and implement an internal audit program and serve as the quality assurance function for such teams.
Would you describe yourself as someone who has:
- JD from an accredited law school and admitted and in good standing with an appropriate state bar in New York (required)
- A minimum of three years as a practicing attorney, with at least a portion of practice focused on the negotiating and drafting of commercial transactions (required)
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to think critically and make decisions based on data
- Comfortable switching between high-level, strategic business objectives and specific, tangible and messy day-to-day operations (required)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google G-Suite
- Motivated self-starter and creative problem-solver who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A genuine, compassionate desire to serve others and help those in need
In addition to amazing teammates, we also offer:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a choice of many different plans/costs partially subsidized by us
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick/personal days
- 12 paid holidays
- One time reimbursement to set up your home office
- Monthly reimbursement for internet or other home office expenses
- Monthly gym reimbursement to be used for gyms, online classes, etc
- Basic Life & AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Benefits paid fully by us
- Voluntary benefits such as Pet, Home and Auto, Legal Insurance plus more
- Pre-tax Flex Spending/Dependent Care/Transit accounts
- 401k with a match
- Partial ownership of Vesta Healthcare via stock options
Pay range is $120K-$140K annually based on experience.
We look forward to speaking to you!
Vesta Healthcare is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. Vesta Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Candidates are selected without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.