Vesta Healthcare is a startup with a simple mission: helping the elderly, our parents, and grandparents - to continue living their lives at home and stay connected to their family and community. We monitor the home in real-time, identifying issues before they become health events, and helping connect those in need with those who can help.
Our technology platform includes home-based mobile applications, a clinical dashboard, and data analytics not previously available to health professionals.
We're just raised our Series B (see press release here) and our goal in 2021 is 10x the revenue growth and double the number of states we are in. The company has raised $95M from top healthcare investors like OAK HC/FT, Deerfield Management, Optum Ventures, Lux Capital, Kaiser Permanente, Nationwide and others.
OUR ENGINEERING TEAM:
We’re a team of 10 engineers planning to double in 2021. We value good collaboration, positive feedback, and teamwork. Our favorite meeting is our biweekly blameless retros where we get to talk about what went well and what didn’t so we can improve on every cycle.
OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS:
Here’s a link to our interview process - Link
Tldr - we value day-to-day type exercises over algorithms. Our interview process is simple and straightforward.
OUR TECH STACK
- Backend: Java with Dropwizard, Hibernate, Jetty, Jackson, GraphQL
- Infrastructure: ECS, RDS, Lambda, Glue, Athena, Cloudformation, SNS, and more
- Dev tools: Github, CircleCI, Docker
WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING ON:
As Senior Backend Engineer, you’ll be working within our platform to develop scalable applications that:
- Support the workflow of nurses, caregivers, and the rest of the stakeholders
- Leverage our unprecedented access to receive, transform, and analyze clinical data from many sources
- Incorporate intelligence into clinical decision support
- Integrate services of 3rd party partners
- Engage and delight end-users (patients and their caregivers)
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience in Java or other object-oriented programming language experience (required)
- Writes understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
- Developed using a modern framework (Java framework a plus), RESTful APIs, and relational DBs
- Strong understanding of database schema design, caching, and scalability
- Previously responsible for the design and delivery of one or more complex software components
- Solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices
PERKS (varying by country):
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a choice of many different plans/costs partially subsidized by us
- Paid vacation
- Paid Sick/personal days
- ~10 paid holidays
- One time reimbursement to set up your home office
- Monthly reimbursement for internet or other home office expenses
- Monthly gym reimbursement to be used for gyms, home equipment, online classes, etc
- Basic Life & AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Benefits paid fully by us
- Voluntary benefits such as Pet, Home and Auto, Legal Insurance plus more
- Pre-tax Flex Spending/Dependent Care/Transit accounts
- Partial ownership of Vesta Healthcare via stock options