Vesta Healthcare is a startup with a simple mission: helping the elderly, our parents, and grandparents - to continue living their lives at home and stay connected to their family and community. We monitor the home in real-time, identifying issues before they become health events, and helping connect those in need with those who can help.
Our technology platform includes home-based mobile applications, a clinical dashboard, and data analytics not previously available to health professionals.
We're just raised our Series B (see press release here) and our goal in 2021 is 10x the revenue growth and double the number of states we are in. The company has raised $95M from top healthcare investors like OAK HC/FT, Deerfield Management, Optum Ventures, Lux Capital, Kaiser Permanente, Nationwide and others.
OUR ENGINEERING TEAM:
We’re a team of 12 engineers planning to double in 2021. We value good collaboration, positive feedback, and teamwork. Our favorite meeting is our biweekly blameless retros where we get to talk about what went well and what didn’t so we can improve on every cycle.
OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS:
Here’s a link to our interview process - Link
Tl;dr - we value day-to-day type exercises over algorithms. Our interview process is simple and straightforward.
OUR TECH STACK
- Data: Snowflake, Snowpipe, DBT
- Backend: Java with Dropwizard, Hibernate, Jetty, Jackson, GraphQL
- Infrastructure: ECS, RDS, Lambda, Glue, Athena, CloudFormation, SNS, and more
- Dev tools: Github, CircleCI, Docker
WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING ON:
As Senior Data Software Engineer, your day to day responsibilities would be:
- Create data ingestion pipelines for new sources of data into our warehouse
- Write transformations for different data sources based on business rules to manipulate and normalize data
- Create new data structures that will allow to store these data sources in a normalized, scalable way
- Work with the team to design a scalable data model that will support the next 10 years
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years of hands-on development experience in data engineering. (required)
- Advanced SQL knowledge (required)
- Advanced knowledge in Python, Java or any other modern languages (required)
- Has worked in a modern data warehouse (we use Snowflake) before or has deep knowledge of how they work. (preferred)
- Strong understanding of database schema design, caching, and scalability
- Has used DBT or similar data transformation tools in the past.
- Healthcare data is a plus but not required.
- Writes understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
- Solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures and software design practices
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a choice of many different plans/costs partially subsidized by us
- Paid vacation
- Paid Sick/personal days
- ~10 paid holidays
- One time reimbursement to set up your home office
- Monthly reimbursement for internet or other home office expenses
- Monthly gym reimbursement to be used for gyms, home equipment, online classes, etc
- Basic Life & AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Benefits paid fully by us
- Voluntary benefits such as Pet, Home and Auto, Legal Insurance plus more
- Pre-tax Flex Spending/Dependent Care/Transit accounts
- Partial ownership of Vesta Healthcare via stock options
We look forward to speaking with you!
Vesta Healthcare is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. Vesta Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Candidates are selected without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.