Nice to meet you, we’re Vesta Healthcare.
Vesta Healthcare is a startup with a simple mission: Delivering extraordinary outcomes by unlocking the power of caregivers. We enable people with personal assistance to thrive at home, in their community by assuring their caregivers have the resources, data, and support they need. We achieve this through a combination of analytics, technology, services, and deep healthcare expertise.
Our program monitors in real-time, identifying issues before they become health events, and helping connect those in need with those who can help via technologies such as video, chat, and telephone. Our technology platform includes home-based mobile applications, a clinical dashboard, and data analytics on data not previously available to health professionals. We are disrupting a $109 billion industry and have recently closed our latest funding round with a blue-chip list of investors.
We’re looking to add to our team of experts who care deeply about our mission.
Our team is passionate, driven, collaborative, intellectually curious, and excited about the opportunity to transform our healthcare system. We're inspired by caregivers and seek to create a platform that recognizes, utilizes and supports the vital role they play. We strive to continuously learn, explore, experiment and achieve results. We are here to improve the quality of life for caregivers and care recipients, allowing them to focus on the important things (like going to the mall with their grandkids)
The ideal teammate would be…
A Revenue Cycle/Practice Operations Manager who is passionate about working closely with billers, coders, and vendors to ensure accurate revenue flow. This is someone who has been working closely with billing/finance/coding teams and partnering/managing vendor relationships to support the practice. They are capable of building a shared understanding of a problem or opportunity amongst a diverse group of project participants; and can foster and manage healthy conflict.
The ideal teammate would be able to:
- Manage the daily operations and supervise the practice in accordance with federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations
- Oversee responsibility for regulatory compliance and maintenance of licenses/certifications, primary source validation, proper credentialing with health system medical staff office and payers
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient practice operations
- Manage departmental expense costs effectively, monitor revenue cycle operations, volume and revenue generation to assure practice budgets are met
- Lead and provide direction for revenue cycle management and determine goals
- Oversee entire revenue cycle process from claims processing, billing and accounts receivable, to denials and resolution
- Collaborate with staff to improve information documentation and implement the best practices
- Review, design, and implement processes surrounding admissions, pricing, billing, third party payer relationships, compliance, collections and other financial analyses to ensure that clinical revenue cycle is effective and properly utilized
- Track numerous metrics related to the patient engagement cycle including record coding error rates and billing turnaround times to develop sound revenue cycle analysis and reporting
- Oversee and perform (as applicable) claims audits for Medicare and Non-Medicare clients
- Develop and maintain necessary reports for oversight of employee productivity and management of unbilled
- Provide leadership and direction in identification and resolution of operational barriers as it relates to efficient and compliant claim processing
- Works to maintain positive, collaborative relationships with members, caregivers, and/or physicians.
- Analyze claim denials for coding or payor policy updates and make corrections as needed
- Review/Oversee coding or documentation from provider that may need to be updated to release for billing
- Coordinate with internal departments, escalate and resolve payment issues
- Work closely with finance team
- Hire, build and train revenue cycle team out as needed
- Implementation of internal controls and processes to support growth at scale
- Compiles and types reports, creates and works spreadsheets in order to support research and analysis of AR trends
- Regularly track and monitor productivity and accuracy of staff members.
- Monitor AR queues in the practice management system, work in conjunction with Team Leads to provide ongoing staff supervision and training
- Manage multiple tasks and work independently with high level of accuracy
- Identify and help develop strategies to resolve problems impacting an efficient revenue cycle
Would you describe yourself as someone who has:
- 4-6 years' experience in Revenue Cycle, including experience managing a team of managers/individual contributors (required)
- A deep knowledge of all facets of the billing and revenue cycle process: coding (CPT and ICD-10), documentation requirements, billing submission processes, and accounts receivable management processes (required)
- Ability to gather, analyze and report on information from multiple sources (i.e., Billing System, Internet, Payers) (required)
- In-depth knowledge of patient accounting systems and the ability to adapt prior knowledge to current software (required)
- Certified Professional Coder certification (preferred)
- Proven ability to translate business needs into revenue cycle department requirements
- Skills in calculating charges, payments and adjustments per established guidelines
- Ability to work effectively and independently with staff, physicians and external customers
- In-depth knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid guidelines and billing standards
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of GSuite or equivalent in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A high tolerance level for diverse views and opinions
- An ability to work independently with minimal supervision
In addition to amazing teammates, we also offer:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a choice of many different plans/costs partially subsidized by us
- Three weeks paid vacation
- 10 sick/personal days
- ~10 paid holidays
- $350 one time reimbursement to set up your home office
- $50/month reimbursement for internet or other home office expenses
- $50/month gym reimbursement to be used for gyms, home equipment, online classes, etc
- Basic Life & AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Benefits paid fully by us
- Voluntary benefits such as Pet, Home and Auto, Legal Insurance plus more
- Pre-tax Flex Spending/Dependent Care/Transit accounts
- Partial ownership of Vesta Healthcare via stock options
We look forward to speaking with you!
Vesta Healthcare is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. Vesta Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Candidates are selected without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.