Vesta Healthcare is a startup with a simple mission: helping the elderly, our parents and grandparents - to continue living their lives at home and stay connected to their family and community. We monitor the home in real-time, identifying issues before they become health events, and helping connect those in need with those who can help.
Our technology platform includes home-based mobile applications, a clinical dashboard, and data analytics not previously available to health professionals.
We're a Series A company that has grown 300% in the past 6 months and has 4x our customer base. The company has raised $40M from top healthcare investors like OAK HC/FT, Deerfield Management, Lux Capital, Kaiser Permanente, Nationwide and others.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help us transform our core product. This multi-enterprise SaaS solution will become the foundation for our web and mobile applications, as well as our AI/analytics platform.
As Senior Backend Engineer, you’ll be working within our platform to develop scalable applications that:
- Support the workflow of nurses, social workers, and caregivers
- Leverage our unprecedented access to receive, transform, and analyze clinical data from many sources
- Incorporate intelligence into clinical decision support
- Integrate services of 3rd party partners
- Engage and delight end-users (patients and their caregivers)
Remote anywhere in the US. Preferably ET or CT time zones.
- Support the design of the platform architecture as well as individual components
- Design and develop key components of the platform
- Support and enhance unified development standards
- Review code to ensure quality, maintainability, reusability, and Secure Programming Practices
- Mentor junior engineers to develop good programming practices and a solid approach to technical problem solving
- Evaluate technologies and build vs. buy
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience in Java or other object-oriented programming language experience
- Writes understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
- Developed using a modern framework (Java framework a plus), RESTful APIs, and relational DBs
- Strong understanding of database schema design, caching, and scalability
- Previously responsible for the design and delivery of one or more complex software components
- Solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices
- Backend: Java with Dropwizard, Hibernate, Jetty, Jackson, GraphQL
- Infrastructure: ECS, RDS, Lambda, Glue, Athena, Cloudformation, SNS and more
- Dev tools: Github, CircleCI, Docker
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a choice of many different plans/costs partially subsidized by us
- Three weeks paid vacation
- 10 sick/personal days
- ~10 paid holidays
- $350 one time reimbursement to set up your home office
- $50/month reimbursement for internet or other home office expenses
- $50/month gym reimbursement to be used for gyms, home equipment, online classes, etc
- Basic Life & AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Benefits paid fully by us
- Voluntary benefits such as Pet, Home and Auto, Legal Insurance plus more
- Pre-tax Flex Spending/Dependent Care/Transit accounts
- Partial ownership of Vesta Healthcare via stock options