Nice to meet you, we’re Vesta Healthcare.
Vesta Healthcare is a startup with a simple mission: Delivering extraordinary outcomes by unlocking the power of caregivers. Caregivers are one of the largest, most untapped resources in the healthcare delivery system and are the unsung heroes of their care recipients. Yet despite their vital role, they are largely unsupported and invisible to the healthcare ecosystem.
At Vesta Healthcare, we enable people with personal assistance to thrive at home, in their community by assuring the people they rely on, their caregivers, have the resources, data, and support they need. We achieve this through a combination of analytics, technology, services, and deep healthcare expertise. Our analytics help identify and target the right people and populations. Our technology creates real-time connectivity and actionable data out of observations. Our services connect to real people who can help when needs arise, and our healthcare expertise helps us understand how we create value for both payers and providers.
Vesta Healthcare partners with physician groups to help implement and deliver these services; providing administrative support, and helping to find committed and capable staff for the physician group.
What we’re looking for.
A physician to partner with to build an innovative health care delivery system. We provide the technology platform and the partner physician provides the clinical oversight and services based upon Vesta program guidelines. The technology platform enables virtual connection to get eyes on members for telemedicine visits, group activity, and other video-based uses. Examples include:
- Digital Health Check-ins from members & in-home caregivers
- Remote Caregiver Check-ins for family & friends
- Remote Patient Monitoring devices & alerting
- Targeted messaging & educational content
- Integrated video visits
- Data-driven change in condition monitoring
The clinical services program provides 24/7 support for members & caregivers, providing peace of mind for members, caregivers & family. Examples include:
- Chronic Care Management / Remote Patient Monitoring
- Plan of care coordination with PCP
- Proactively identify home-based interventions
- 24/7 Triage and Clinical Decision support by phone or video
The ideal partner would be:
A licensed physician passionate about new health care delivery methods, working with interdisciplinary care teams to deliver exceptional care, and helping to develop technologies and processes to move the health care system forward. This person would be expected to commit 10-15 hours per month for the role.
The ideal partner would be able to:
- Be a team player that can lead a professional corporation and provide oversight of clinical services
- Create strong relationships with clinical and non-clinical team members
- Perform direct care management and remote patient monitoring service as needed
- Provide medical direction and administration including, but not limited to, developing and overseeing implementation of clinical practice guidelines and delivery of clinical services
- Participate in IDT (monthly) case conference
- Provide clinical expertise and support as need to client base
- Highlight opportunities for development to EHR/platform vendors
- Prepare reports for the Governing Body
- Supervise performance of quality assurance activities
Would you describe yourself as someone who has (all are required for this role):
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience
- Prior experience as an internist managing complex patient populations and identifying creative ways to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations through supporting members and caregivers
- Exceptional leadership skills working with an interdisciplinary clinical team
- Current knowledge of non-complex and complex chronic care management, and population health best practices. Remote patient monitoring program experience is also desired.
- Valid and unrestricted license to practice medicine in California, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and/or Pennsylvania, or ability to obtain licensure within 4 weeks. Connecticut, Georgia, Massachusetts, North Carolina, or Texas also desired.
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or similar required. Subspeciality certification in geriatrics, or palliative care a plus. Emergency Medicine certification or other similar certifications will be considered.
- No professional disciplinary proceedings or investigations pending, threatened, and no past professional disciplinary proceedings
- Current medicare certification with ability to bill
- Has not been excluded, debarred, or otherwise made ineligible to participate in Federal or state healthcare programs, procurement programs, or nonprocurement programs
- Has, and shall maintain, professional liability insurance in the amount of $1 Million Dollars per occurrence and $3 Million Dollars in the aggregate
We look forward to speaking with you!
Vesta Healthcare is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. Vesta Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Candidates are selected without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.