VES and Artex Barn Solutions have recently merged to create VES-Artex, the premier technology solutions provider for environmental systems in agricultural facilities. The combined company will be based in its new Global Headquarters and Innovation Center in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, while leveraging both companies’ operations throughout the United States, Canada, Latin America and the rest of the world.
The creation of VES-Artex integrates each organization’s focus on animal wellbeing as the foundation for agricultural success, while strengthening its capabilities to impact agricultural operational performance through connected technologies and the Internet of things (IoT). This research-driven approach brings together veterinarians, designers, product experts and dairies working together to design and build facilities to optimize animal wellness, reproduction, and productivity specifically for local climates and herds.
Job Summary/Purpose Statement:
The remote Eastern US Territorial Sales Representative will plan and carry out all sales activities on assigned accounts or areas. Responsible for ensuring 100% customer satisfaction by coordinating delivery, design, and services as acknowledged on the order. Develops strategic relationships with key individuals or organizations within the dairy industry. Educates the dairy industry on the benefits of VES cow comfort solutions. Be a team member in Assists with developing the ideal dairy barn designs and cow comfort solutions.
- Generates and qualifies leads
- Provides end user referrals
- Prepares sales action plans and strategies
- Schedules sales activity
- Develops and maintains a customer database (both end users and distributors)
- Develops and maintains sales and promotional materials
- Makes sales calls to new and existing clients (both end users and distributors)
- Develops and make gives presentations of VES Environmental Solutions products and services to current and potential clients (both end users and distributors)
- Negotiates with end users
- Develops sales proposals
- Prepares and presents sales contracts
- Maintains sales activity records and prepares sales reports
- Helps prepare sales budgets
- Controls expenses and monitors sales budgets
- Ensures customer service satisfaction and good client relationships
- Provides accurate information to company’s estimator to ensure proposals are completed accurately and on time
- Attends trade meetings and industry conventions
Education and Experience:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in a similar environment in the dairy industry
- Must have the ability to relate to dairy owners, managers, employees and associated dairy industry equipment and service businesses
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications (Microsoft Office and Net Suite or equivalent)
- Knowledge of principles and practices of sales, customer service, and business
Will be required to travel 75 - 80% of the time. Must be comfortable with working in a dairy environment with varied environmental environments.