Verve was there at the beginning of the mobile revolution and continues its leadership through building next generation of location-enriched mobile advertising experiences. We’re searching for an accomplished product leader to own our suite of data products serving the brand and agency world.
As a Principal Product Manager, you’ll uncover new applications for Verve’s Movement Science, which gleans insights on how 100+ million consumers use their mobile devices. With a deep data background gained from working in ad/martech or agencies, you’ll intimately understand the audience data ecosystem as well as its underlying technologies, particularly on how they apply to digital advertising and marketing. This position has a strong market/customer-facing orientation
Reporting to the data products and platform lead, this position is based in our New York, New York office and involves up to 10% travel, mainly periodic trips to our San Diego and Washington DC area offices to collaborate with other team members.
- Serve as the product owner for the data components of Verve’s Velocity SaaS platform, which manage custom audience creation and maintenance, foot traffic measurement, and campaign performance metric.
- Manage the product roadmap, setting expectations with stakeholders including the senior leadership team.
- Collaborate with the engineering and data science teams on building cutting-edge data capabilities.
- Partner with advertising product managers to discover new ways to use data to power display and video ads.
- Work closely with Verve’s Insights and Analytics team to incorporate their needs into product requirements.
- Create a full range of product management artifacts such as user stories and requirements docs.
- Develop expertise on data industry trends and unmet market needs through time spent with customers, prospects, and analysts.
- Partner with product marketing to execute product releases and launches.
- Work with other product leaders to evolve Verve product organization and processes.
- Work with vendor partners to provide seamless integration between Verve and their solutions.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Entrepreneur’s attitude towards product management.
- 3+ years working with consumer or audience data in ad tech, marketing tech, a data company, or ad agency. Strong plus for mobile device data experience.
- 3+ years as a product manager shipping successful B2B software products, with experience in Agile/lean environments. Plus for SaaS experience.
- Deep understanding of the interplay between audience data and ad technology, including fluency in programmatic concepts and campaign performance metrics.
- Good customer-facing skills.
- Hands-on data munging and analysis skills (SQL, analysis tools such as Tableau, familiarity with cloud data platforms such as BiqQuery).
- Bachelor’s degree required, with advanced degree in business, engineering or science preferred.
- Enough technical aptitude to speak the language of engineers and data scientist when it comes to discuss architecture and technical approaches.