Director of Product, Ad Product
Verve was there at the beginning of the mobile revolution – our apps were showcased by Steve Jobs at the initial App Store roll-out – and continues its leadership through building next generation of location enabled mobile advertising experiences. We’re searching for an accomplished product leader to own our suite of ad products serving the brand and agency world. As a product director, you’ll lead development of ad products across all screens and formats. Mobile expertise is assumed, as Verve is a long-standing leader in mobile, but you also have experience in video to support our aggressive growth in OTT and CTV.
The product director will be a key partner with direct and programmatic sales teams, representing the Verve product team with customers to better recognize their mobile marketing needs. At the same time, the director should understand the mechanics of ad tech, particularly with regard to display and video, to enable a deep collaboration with the engineering and data science teams. Reporting to the chief product officer, this position is based in our New York office and involves up to 10% travel, mainly periodic trips to our San Diego and Washington DC area offices to collaborate with other team members and to customer locations.
- Serve as the product owner for Verve’s display and video ad products, as well as platform ad building tools.
- Serve as key liaison with ad sales on ad product related issues, including consulting on RFP responses, attending sales calls and QBRs, training sales reps on new products, and attending internal sales events.
- Assist in developing Verve’s ad product strategy across new screens and formats, including digital out of home, CTV/OTT, IoT, etc.
- Continually scan market for potential development partners for Verve’s ad products and manage day-to-day relationships with vendors.
- Manage the product roadmap, setting expectations with stakeholders including the senior leadership team, and organize monthly product reviews.
- Develop innovative ad product concepts and partner with in-house agency and engineering teams to rapidly prototype ideas.
- Create a full range of product management artifacts such as user stories and requirements docs. · Partner with product marketing to execute product releases and launches.
- Work with CPO and other senior product leaders to evolve Verve product organization and processes.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Entrepreneur’s attitude towards product management, with start-up experience preferred.
- 5+ years working with display and video ad products in an ad tech, publisher, or ad agency environment. Strong plus for mobile device background.
- 3+ years as a product manager shipping successful ad/martech products, with experience in Agile/lean environments. Plus for SaaS experience.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of digital video ad technologies, formats, and terminology, such as OTT, CTV, VAST, and VPAID.
- Deep understanding of the ad tech ecosystem – you should be able to narrate a tour of the LUMAscape.
- Good customer-facing skills and ability to positively contribute in sales calls.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with advanced degree in business, engineering or science preferred.
- Enough technical aptitude to be able to speak the language of engineers and data scientists when it comes to discuss architecture and technical approaches.