Verve was there at the beginning of the mobile revolution – our apps were showcased by Steve Jobs at the initial App Store roll-out – and continues its leadership through building next generation of location-enabled mobile advertising experiences.
We’re searching for an accomplished UX Architect to help Verve create enterprise software that simplifies the complex, finds new ways to tell compelling stories with data, and looks good while doing all of the above.
As a UX Architect, you will partner with product, engineering, and the business to understand our users’ goals and how they can be best satisfied through our market-leading platform.
This role requires a visual athlete with a “major” in user experience and minimally a “minor” in web application design, as you will own the full lifecycle of UX from initial concepts and ethnography through final designs. Experience building enterprise applications is a must, with exposure to digital advertising/media industries a plus.
This position is based in New York City and involves up to 10% travel, mainly periodic trips to our San Diego engineering center (located mere steps from the Pacific with on-site surf board storage).
- Work with customers, market-facing teams, and product to understand user goals and competitive landscape, including performing ethnographic research at customer sites.
- Facilitate product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for Verve’s product
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and designs that lead to intuitive user
- Collaborate with other architects and designers to tackle complex projects as a team.
- Consult on UX issues throughout the Verve organization, helping elevate the level of importance placed on this critical function.
- 5+ years of experience in digital UX design or related.
- 2+ years designing enterprise/B2B software user interfaces (SaaS, marketing tech, ad tech, or similar).
- Solid grasp of user-centered design, planning and conducting user research, user and A/B testing, rapid prototyping, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Experience designing data visualizations and finding new ways to create narratives from complex data.
- Pragmatic design skills with the ability to iterate designs intelligently in the context of business and user requirements.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes and solutions to teams and clients.
- Expertise in UX software such as Sketch, Adobe CC, InVision, Balsamiq, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.