Verve is hiring a Linux Systems Operations Engineer to work on our AWS infrastructure. We handle billions of ad requests and generate terabytes of data daily. We are seeking experienced individuals to help us automate our configuration management, and work closely with our software development and QA teams support our growing infrastructure.
YOU ARE… passionate about implementation, optimization and site reliably. You are curious to learn and put those learnings to practice. You are independently motivated and are comfortable working with geographically distributed teams. You understand scalability, incremental process and enjoy developing efficient and optimal solutions. You have a comprehensive understanding of troubleshooting and configuration management. Join our incredible team here at our beautiful Carlsbad campus.
- Deploy and maintain development, staging and production environments
- Define monitoring, alert thresholds and capacity plans for our hosted and cloud infrastructure components
- Improve efficiency, scalability and stability of our mobile content publishing, ad-delivery, log data collection, storage and processing infrastructure
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation for one week/month
- Embrace legacy systems and modernize our operations
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- 8-10+ year’s experience in a highly available, high volume distributed system
- Expert level in a Linux based environment
- Expert level skill in at least one of Systems Administration, Site Reliability Engineering, Network Engineering. Proficient in the other 2.
- Experience with Hadoop (mapreduce), MySQL, Redshift, ElasticSearch, logstash
- Expert level AWS automation experience
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code tools (Terraform/Cloudformation)
- Proficient configuration management tools (Puppet preferred)
- Experience with git, BASH
- Experience with build and CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Experience with Docker and Docker ecosystem tools (Kubernetes preferred)
- Experience with monitoring systems and metrics collection (Nagios, DataDog, Cacti or ganglia)
- Member of production operations on-call rotation
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems and a willingness to learn
VERVE WIRELESS, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, creed, ancestry, marital status, non-job-related handicap or disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.