Company: Veruna, Inc.
Role: Software Engineer – .NET
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Remote (US Only - You must be authorized to work in the US to be considered for this role)
Help Us Shape the Future of the Insurance Industry
Veruna empowers insurance agencies to control the destiny of their business. We are a venture backed start-up in high growth, scale-up mode built on the Salesforce platform.
Veruna is seeking individuals who are passionate on building a business and want to overcome new challenges.
Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, users, and each other.
Veruna is looking for a Software Engineer with .NET experience to join our Engineering team. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned hands-on .NET developer with proven experience coding unit tests, business logic and data modelling/connectivity. Additionally, this candidate will have experience mentoring more junior developers in designing, coding, testing, and consistently managing application development to establish consistent and reliable engineering productivity.
- A team player
- Comfortable mentoring junior developers
- Well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts
- Excellent problem solver/analytical thinker
- Provide hands-on development and technical oversight in the delivery of a custom .NET product, including configuration of Salesforce (front end) connectivity
- Conduct code reviews for on-going .NET projects to ensure that code quality is at the highest level possible and design patterns are being used which are appropriate for the project
- Participate in efforts to develop and implement testing, training, and documentation
- Coach and mentor junior developers around code style, requirements, and delivery
- Additional duties and responsibilities to vary as needed
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree (technical discipline a plus)
- 2-4 years of .NET C# experience
- Capacity to achieve proficiency of new tools, languages and operating systems with training and on-the-job experience
- Proven unit testing experience
- Software development experience under an agile methodology
- Experience working in a multi-tier, multi-promotion environment
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Independent and fast learner
- Prior experience working in the Insurance industry (preferably on the agency management side)
- Experience with Azure IaaS and PaaS
- Willing to dive in and learn as you go!
Veruna is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.