Company: Veruna, Inc.
Role: Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET)
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of the Insurance Industry
Veruna empowers insurance agencies to control the destiny of their business. We are a venture backed start-up in high growth, scale-up mode built on the Salesforce platform.
Veruna is seeking individuals who are passionate on building a business and want to overcome new challenges.
Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, users, and each other.
Veruna is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who is a self-starter with the analytical and implementation skills to independently ensure high-quality solutions that solve business needs. Responsibilities include the ability to build and document a comprehensive test strategy with accompanying test plan and detailed test cases for new platforms and system enhancements to existing solutions, estimation of testing effort, QA environment configuration, performing manual functional, system, automated, exploratory, integration and regression testing, issue tracking and prioritization, proactive communication of project status and issue escalation.
- An SDET that has worked directly on an Engineering team that releases Enterprise level software products
- Someone that thrives in a fast-moving environment
- An independent self-starter
- Create and follow manual test plans
- Create and follow automated test plans
- Efficiently log and track defects in JIRA.
- Interact with multiple teams for integration testing and for test data needs
- Attend Sprint Planning meetings and other related Agile testing activities
- Participate in defining acceptance criteria for user stories
- Document and summarize test results and report findings
- Develop and provide testing metrics and reports for QA dashboards to effectively communicate test status to the test team and management
- Help document and track key project milestones and overall project deliverables, and adhere to organizational quality standards
What You Need:
- Ability to effectively manage and deliver small to mid-size project initiatives independently
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Applied knowledge of the full SDLC with the ability to write comprehensive test strategies and plans based on documented and undocumented business requirements.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum
- Strong technical communication skills.
- Ability to work as a part of a team of engineers.
- Willingness to develop a deep understanding of complex business domains.
- Friendly and cooperative demeanor.
- 3+ years of overall QA experience.
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience working in a multi-tier, multi-promotion environment
- Experience with QA Automation
- Experience developing or performing QA functions on applications within the insurance industry
- We offer remote work to give you the flexibility to work in the location that you works best for you
- A whole person approach to taking care of you with medical, vision, dental, disability, financial, and life benefits
- A comprehensive retirement plan (401k) with a competitive match
- Incentive Stock Options to take care of you as we grow
- Unlimited PTO so you can find the time to enjoy the things that are important to you
- A Cash Bonus compensation plan based on attainment of organizational goals
- Semi-annual team retreats and weekly company meetings to help you stay informed and build relationships with your team
- Professional development opportunities to ensure your career growth
- An inclusive and welcoming culture where your opinions, ideas, and contributions matter
Veruna is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.