We are looking for an experienced, effective, results-driven sales leader. This role will be responsible for Sales & Account Management of IR100 and Fortune 500 companies with Vertebrae’s augmented commerce technology platform, Axis. You will be responsible for executing an aggressive sales strategy that supports the Vertebrae business development goals and objectives. The primary objective of the role is to source and secure profitable new revenue/clients through new major accounts and customer acquisition in the retail e-commerce space.
Vertebrae is a technology leader in 3D and AR solutions that blend the physical and digital worlds to captivate, engage, and convert consumers at scale.
Our proprietary technology platform makes the benefits of 3D and AR available to everyone.
- Become well-versed with Vertebrae’s strategic priorities, capabilities, service offerings, value proposition, competitive differentiation, and sources of competitive advantage.
- Actively prospect and develop a qualified new business opportunity pipeline specifically targeting e-commerce retail customers that supports the annual account and revenue targets.
- Cultivate and expand strategic retailer relationships through assessing and understanding the client activities and identifying both short and long term needs.
- Manage the full sales cycle, from the proposal stage through to contract negotiation and full project deployment.
- Generate innovative ideas on ways to navigate through the ever-changing online e-commerce space and grow profitable sales while improving our competitive advantage.
- Manage accurate lead, pipeline and forecast reporting on a regular basis and maintain data integrity into Vertebrae’s CRM database in Salesforce.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Account Management, Engineering and Product to create joint demand generation strategies, potential client use cases and various programs and activities.
What you need to be successful in this position:
- College education with a degree in Business or Marketing. MBA an asset.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years or more of related e-Commerce sales experience in a Sales/Business Development.
- Experience engaging C-Level leadership (CEO, CMO and Chief Digital Officers) or senior line of business executives (SVP/VP/Director eCommerce, Marketing, etc) within a retail organization.
- Highly motivated with a proven track record of delivering profitable retail solution sales growth though B2B and B2C channels.
- Must possess solid, verifiable track record in over/achievement of successful revenue generation and Business Development. Only proven closers will be considered.
- Must have and be able to leverage an existing network of prospective clients.
- Proven ability to identify key decision-makers and sell technology-enabled large scale line of business solutions to large omni-channel retail accounts.
- Proven experience with successful pricing, negotiation and contracting of commercial deals.
- Must have expert presentation skills and superior communication ability.
- Exceptional relationship management skills with demonstrated sales and technical savvy.
- Possess sound analytical skills, strong prospecting, business planning and sales execution skills.
- Excellent computer skills including, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and CRM database Salesforce.com.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with ability to manage change seamlessly.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must have ability to travel as required.