Verta is an MIT and Twitter spin-off building Machine Learning Operations software enabling enterprise data science and machine learning teams to build and ship more intelligent products. Verta’s mission is to bring order to the chaos of machine learning and data science workflows and to enable teams to rapidly and reliably build and operate machine learning models. Verta’s technology is based on ModelDB, a state-of-the-art model management system developed at MIT CSAIL and hardened at Twitter by the Verta founding team.
Verta works with forward-thinking AI and ML teams including the leading worldwide workplace productivity application, leading chip manufacturer, and several AI-first companies to enable them in building more intelligent products.
At Verta, we are building a suite of products targeted at expert data science and ML engineers, practitioners who frequently work across a whole ecosystem of data, software, and modeling tools. Our goal is to build elegant solutions that bring order to the chaos of ML tools and help data science teams to build and ship more intelligent products. Towards this mission, we are looking for a Product Manager to participate in the creation of new products and features, from ideation to launch.
We seek a Product Manager who has experience building enterprise-grade products with a deep passion for solving customer problems and bringing business value. You will be involved in all stages of the product life cycle - engaging with customers, doing market research, rapid prototyping and user validation, collaborating with engineers to ship exciting new features and ultimately launching cutting edge products to market.
Apply if you are looking to (a) work in a fast-paced environment with rapid product iteration; (b) collaborate with an exceptional engineering team; (c) aren’t afraid to break new ground every day; (d) are a results-oriented customer-evangelist!
What you’ll do
- Understand our user needs and pain points through interviews and market research
- Adopt a data-driven approach to analyze the implementation of features based on business and customer impact
- Translate product ideas into detailed requirements and user-story documentation
- Test product concepts with customers in a rapid development environment
- Collaborate closely with engineering and design team to develop, test and release new features that bring customer value
- Support feature prioritization for the development teams and keep programs running on time within an agile development environment
- Create support and training documents for internal and external stakeholders and support product launch activities
- Monitor and report on post-launch impact
- 3 to 5 years of experience in product management or related functions
- Experience developing products for highly technical, data-minded users
- Demonstrated experience in building products focused on ease-of-use and improving both user experience and developer experience
- Ability and desire to learn quickly in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross functional teams and with customers
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership, creativity and ability to work with ambiguous and evolving requirements
- Experience working in SaaS or enterprise software
- Understanding of DevOps tools and workflows (e.g.Git, Jenkins etc.)
- Strong project and time management skills
- AI and ML experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree