Verta is an MIT and Twitter spin-off building Machine Learning Operations software enabling enterprise data science and machine learning teams to build and ship more intelligent products. Verta's mission is to bring order to the chaos of machine learning and data science workflows and to enable teams to rapidly and reliably build and operate machine learning models. Verta's technology is based on ModelDB, a state-of-the-art model management system developed at MIT CSAIL and hardened at Twitter by the Verta founding team.
Verta works with forward-thinking AI and ML teams including the leading worldwide workplace productivity application, leading chip manufacturer, and several AI-first companies to enable them in building more intelligent products.
At Verta, we are building a suite of products targeted at expert data science and ML engineers, practitioners who frequently work across a whole ecosystem of data, software, and modeling tools. Our goal is to build elegant solutions that bring order to the chaos of ML tools and help data science teams to build and ship more intelligent products. Towards this mission, we are looking for a Senior UX designer to help build innovative experiences for data science and ML operation teams.
We seek a UX designer who has experience building enterprise-grade products with an emphasis on beautiful data visualization and ease of use. Moreover, we are looking for an exceptional designer who can help make a complex product simple and easy to use, inspire "aha" moments along the way.
Apply if you are looking to (a) work in a fast-paced environment with rapid product iteration; (b) collaborate with an exceptional engineering team; (c) aren't afraid to break new ground every day; (d) are a results-oriented design-evangelist!
What You'll Do
- Design new experiences for the Verta ML Operations platform including model management, model deployment, monitoring, and explainability
- Craft user workflow diagrams, prototypes, wireframes, and final designs
- Collaborate closely with engineering, product management, and data science to build the best user experiences for ML developers
- Test design concepts with customers in a rapid development environment
- Understand complex, technical workflows and propose elegant concepts and solutions
- 3-5 years of industry experience leading large design efforts for enterprise, B2B products
- Ability to breakdown complex systems and translate those workflows into simplified interactions
- Experience developing products for highly technical, data-minded users
- Experience working, leveraging, and contributing to our Design System
- Experience working with Figma
- Experience developing wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes to communicate complex design concepts
- Proficiency in industry-standard design and prototyping tools (e.g., Figma or similar software)
- Demonstrated experience in visual design for product UIs
- An understanding of the fundamentals of design thinking
- Ability and desire to learn quickly in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity and ability to work with ambiguous and evolving requirements
- Experience distilling large data sets into friendly, insightful visualizations
- Interest in AI and ML
- Experience working in SaaS or enterprise software