Who are we?
Verta is an MIT and Twitter spin-off building Machine Learning Operations software enabling enterprise data science and machine learning teams to build and ship more intelligent products. Verta’s mission is to bring order to the chaos of machine learning and data science workflows and to enable teams to rapidly and reliably build and operate machine learning models. Verta’s technology is based on ModelDB, a state-of-the-art model management system developed at MIT CSAIL and hardened at Twitter by the Verta founding team.
Verta works with forward-thinking AI and ML teams including the leading worldwide workplace productivity application, leading chip manufacturer, and several AI-first companies to enable them in building more intelligent products.
At Verta, we are building a suite of products targeted at expert data science and ML engineers, practitioners who frequently work across a whole ecosystem of data, software, and modeling tools. Our goal is to build elegant solutions that bring order to the chaos of ML tools and help data science teams to build and ship more intelligent products.
Towards this mission, we are looking for a Product Management intern. You will work closely with the engineering and go-to-market teams bringing a new Verta product to market. In this role, you will interface with current customers, potential leads, and cross-functional teams to help drive strategy, planning, and execution. You will work on product development, packaging, marketing, and roll-out. You need to be resourceful, hyper-organized and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Apply if you are looking to (a) work in a fast-paced environment with rapid product iteration; (b) collaborate with exceptional engineering, data science, and go to market teams; (c) aren’t afraid to break new ground every day; (d) are a results-oriented product-evangelist keen to influence a completely new market category!
What you’ll do
- Work with a team of highly motivated and smart engineers, data scientists, sales and marketing to bring a new Verta SaaS Product to market
- Interview current customers and potential leads about the value brought by Verta and identify product gaps and potential improvements
- Identify means to make the Verta SaaS product easy to set up, use, and derive instant value from
- Work with the engineering team to put those ideas into action
- Develop marketing material differentially positioning the new Verta Product in the market
- Plan product roll-out process including press releases, marketing, and collateral updates
- Launch the new Verta SaaS product
- Conduct competitive research and build battle cards
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Physics, Mathematics, Economics, or related field
- Enrolled in an MBA program at an accredited university
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Keen eye on user experience and design thinking
- Have strong product intuition and can articulate what drives users
- Basic understanding of machine learning & data products
- Passionate about AI/ML landscape and market trends
- Previously been part of a new product launch
- Experience creating product marketing content