We're looking for an experienced engineering leader in computer vision. You'll direct our efforts in deep learning and image processing with the goal of improving the safety and security of organizations around the world.
The security camera industry is huge and growing, but it hasn't adopted the latest advances in computer vision. No one looks at the vast majority of the petabytes of video recorded by security cameras. We want to apply cutting edge research to this dataset to solve real customer problems and improve real-time security everywhere from schools to offices to cities.
- analyze the latest research to discover the next real-world applications we should pursue.
- deliver product features based on computer vision and evaluate the results.
- grow the team. We're actively recruiting the smartest people to join our team, and you'll be a leader in the hiring process.
- evaluate computer vision, deep learning, and traditional image processing algorithms from a theoretical and a practical basis (e.g. cloud scalability and embedded performance).
- understand customer needs and balance asks against cost and technical feasibility.
- build the future. You'll work directly with the company leadership to formulate strategies around computer vision and Verkada products.
- Build general purpose people and object detection algorithms tuned to our data.
- Retrain a CNN architecture to run efficiently on embedded devices.
- Build segmentation and recognition algorithms for specific classes of objects.
- Extend a machine learning pipeline that can process a million images a minute.
- PhD in computer science, mathematics or related discipline with focus on computer vision or machine learning, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years leading multiple software engineering and computer vision (or related) teams
- Ability to code in Python using at least one of Tensorflow, Caffe, Pytorch, OpenCV, etc.
- Strong mathematical fundamentals, including linear algebra and numerical methods
- Experience executing technical roadmaps, proven track record of developing computer vision and advanced imaging algorithms and solutions
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Flexible, easy-going, team-first perspective - we're a startup! We move fast, make mistakes, and adapt to what we learn. We work as a team to develop and build our ideas.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and open-ended problems. We're solving real world problems that no one has tackled before. You'll have the full support of the team and endless amounts of real world data.
Ways to stand out
- Real-world experience with camera systems, understanding optics and lighting variations
- Experience building a team, from recruiting to hiring to managing
- Strong understanding of software architecture and design principles
- Experience with embedded systems and computer vision on low-powered devices, network pruning, C or C++ programming expertise
This is a full time role with industry competitive salary, stock options, and benefits. Benefits include medical, HSA, dental, vision, 401K, and life insurance.
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.