Who We Are
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Associate of People Strategy and Analytics to join our growing People team. This role will partner with our Director of People Strategy and Operations to develop and implement people-focused strategies, programs, and initiatives in support of Verkada’s organization strategies and incredible growth. This would be a fantastic opportunity to work on strategic initiatives, and drive operational excellence in a rapidly evolving People function.
- As a member of our People Strategy and Operations team, you will have an integral role in driving the insights, operations, and strategy.
- You will lead cross-functional initiatives from ideation to analytics to recommendations to drive impact across different functions.
- You will gain exposure to all stages of the employee lifecycle and a wide variety of talent challenges.
- You will partner closely with People Partners to design and manage key talent management programs such as performance management, engagement surveys, and talent reviews.
- You will be a founding member of the People Analytics team that is focused on developing and monitoring people metrics and workforce analytics.
- You will be expected to identify and implement improvements in current workflows and processes that can help improve efficiency and visibility - this might be in the current people systems or the future ones that we plan to implement.
- Since we’re still in scrappy startup mode, you’ll need to be a high-impact self starter. You take initiative to move projects forward and can operate well with little guidance.
- Raw Smarts: You’ve fine tuned your first principle and conceptual problem solving skills. You can look at complex problems and solve them start to finish.
- Strong analytical skills: you nerd out about data, can quickly structure analyses to answer key business questions to drive decision-making, and will also have perspectives on building the right data architecture. Advanced Excel skills are a must. Python,SQL, or other relevant data science techniques is a plus.
- Flexibility and hustle: you manage change and ambiguity well, and have no problems juggling multiple priorities while executing in a fast-paced environment. You’re comfortable pivoting quickly and often.
- Process and operational thinking: you can tackle a problem independently and quickly iterate to a solution, and then also document it in a way that's easy to understand for all audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- BA/BS degree. MBA or Master's degree is a plus.
- 3+ years of professional experience, ideally in consulting, corporate strategy, or a startup with experience in talent management, strategic workplace planning, people analytics, and/or organizational design.
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. This estimate is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.