MISSION: MODERNIZE THE WORLD OF PHYSICAL SECURITY
We build enterprise security cameras that combine cutting-edge camera technology with intelligent, omni-platform software. In development now: Human-equivalent AI security agents.
Verkada, a fast-growing startup in the video-based surveillance space dedicated to solving the security issues faced by companies in the digital age, seeks a Firmware Engineer. Our focus is on building secure, modern, easy to use cameras that make our customers' lives simpler and safer while reducing risk from hackers and other digital threats. If the thought of modernizing an old industry while making the world a more secure place appeals to you, we want to hear from you.
How do you build enterprise-grade, robust, secure, and scalable hardware, while moving at startup speed?
Answer: hire the best firmware engineers that understand the ins and outs of lower-level systems while also understanding how it integrates with the platform as a whole through the servers to the UI.
Challenges we’re working on: building a common device platform that supports multiple kinds of underlying hardware chips and sensors, scaling a firmware distribution system that supports daily updates to thousands of devices, and analyzing and testing different components to identify the best parts to build our next generation of hardware with. You’ll be working closely on one side with our hardware vendors and ME/EE people, and on the other side with server and UI engineers, industrial designers, and our operations team. If you’re looking for a fast-paced environment where your work is regularly shipping to customers and improving people’s safety, this is the place for you!
Education and Experience:
- linux servers/daemons
- linux device drivers, linux kernel patches
- peripheral devices over busses such as USB, I2C
- C programming language
- secure operating system and security focused programming
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or another technical field
Prefer candidates with experience in one or more of:
- iot devices
- cameras or imaging systems
- low power environments
- on-device computer vision
Culture and Values
- Visionary thinker: At Verkada, you will tackle large, complex problems with no clear answers.
- Teach and learn: You will learn new technologies while being entrusted with the technical ownership of major systems, and we hope to learn something from you in turn.
- Startup Mindset: As a small, fast-growing startup, every day brings new challenges and opportunities for growth, and we want you to grow with us!
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.