MISSION: MODERNIZE THE WORLD OF PHYSICAL SECURITY
We build enterprise security cameras that combine cutting-edge camera technology with intelligent, omni-platform software.
Verkada, a fast-growing startup in the video-based surveillance space dedicated to solving the security issues faced by companies in the digital age, seeks a Hardware Program Engineer. Our focus is on building secure, modern, easy to use cameras that make our customers' lives simpler and safer while reducing risk from hackers and other digital threats. As a member of our Hardware team, you will lead every portion of the hardware lifecycle; a true army of one that works side by side with Verkada’s JDM partners. From architecture and industrial design sketches through validating factory processes in mass production, nothing escapes a HWPE’s responsibility.
- Architect and define new hardware products, engage in market analysis to determine product market fit
- Work with product design team to establish industrial design concepts for new products
- Iterate and validate on electrical schematics and layout
- Collaborate with JDM partners to build mechanical drawings and mock-ups
- Build and track product schedule through various NPI gates
- Develop test plans, manufacturing SOPs, and quality processes
- Validate factory readiness and collaborate with factory team to maximize product quality and efficiency
- Work with mechanical part vendors to validate tools and drive all part issues to closure
- Collaborate closely with software engineering team and incorporate feedback into design as needed
- Work with product and operations team to build out launch plans
- Manage sustaining production of products and lead post-launch failure analysis
- BS in Electrical Engineering, MS preferred. Some mechanical and assembly experience a major plus.
- 2-4 years experience in launching new electronics products. Must have completed at least one full cycle hardware product launch
- At least 2 years working with an Asian supply chain
- Ability to travel up to 20%