MISSION: MODERNIZE THE WORLD OF PHYSICAL SECURITY
We build enterprise security cameras that combine cutting-edge camera technology with intelligent, omni-platform software. In development now: Human-equivalent AI security agents.
Verkada, a fast-growing startup in the video-based surveillance space dedicated to solving the security issues faced by companies in the digital age, seeks a Sales Engineer. Our focus is on building secure, modern, easy to use cameras that make our customers' lives simpler and safer while reducing risk from hackers and other digital threats.
Verkada is seeking sales engineers with experience with network video surveillance and access control projects. This individual will provide technical support to the sales team, interface with customers, assist the sales team in designing security systems and quotes, and perform site surveys/audits for clients. We are looking primarily for people who are highly motivated and can learn quickly, however, prior experience with video security systems is certainly helpful.
- Design security systems including IP Video Surveillance
- Provide solution designs to fulfill customer requirements
- Prepare comprehensive bill of materials and quotes
- Respond to RFP’s & bids
- Work with Project Managers/Operations Team Members in the execution of designed security solutions
- Work with sales team members to educate customers on the various security products available
- Prepare required project documentation (floorplans, scope of work, assumptions, etc…)
Experience and Expertise
- Strong backgrounds include networking, physical security, and general IT
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Willing to continue education in the various security products on the market
- Ability to think “outside the box” and come up with designs to suit a client’s needs
Culture and Values
- Visionary thinker: At Verkada, you will tackle large, complex problems with no clear answers.
- Teach and learn: You will learn new technologies while being entrusted with the technical ownership of major systems, and we hope to learn something from you in turn.
- Startup Mindset: As a small, early-stage startup, every day brings new challenges and opportunities for growth, and we want you to grow with us!
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive OTE + Equity
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly health allowance