Mobile iOS/Android Engineer
MISSION: MODERNIZE THE WORLD OF PHYSICAL SECURITY
We build enterprise security cameras that combine cutting-edge camera technology with intelligent, omni-platform software. In development now: Human-equivalent AI security agents.
Verkada, a fast-growing startup in the video surveillance space dedicated to solving the security issues faced by companies in the digital age, seeks a Mobile Engineer. Our focus is on building secure, modern, easy to use cameras that make our customers' lives simpler and safer while reducing risk from hackers and other digital threats. As a member of our Engineering team, you will create the look and feel of how customers interact with custom-made hardware, improve Verkada's web-based assets, and contextualize a tremendous amount of data to be easily understandable to the end user. If the thought of modernizing an old industry while making the world a more secure place appeals to you, we want to hear from you.
Recent Projects For This Role Include
- Visualizing motion patterns over time inside our web app to our customers
- Architecting a secure permissions infrastructure for enterprise
- Building a low-latency video multiplexer that proxies and transcodes camera feeds to different browsers with a custom front-end video player
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or another technical field
- Can architect a modern, fast native application from the ground up
- Some experience with iOS (Swift) and Java
- Working with our designer, build custom UX
- Eye for design usability and polish
- Has owned code for at least one app
- Experience working in an agile team software development environment
iOS or Android, Java, UX, HTTP/TCP, API design
Culture and Values
- Visionary thinker: At Verkada, you will tackle large, complex problems with no clear answers.
- Teach and learn: You will learn new technologies while being entrusted with the
technical ownership of major systems, and we hope to learn something from you in turn.
- Startup Mindset: As a small, fast-growing startup, every day brings new challenges and opportunities for growth, and we want you to grow with us!
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.