Computer Vision Software Engineer
MISSION: MODERNIZE THE WORLD OF PHYSICAL SECURITY
We build enterprise security cameras that combine cutting-edge camera technology with intelligent, omni-platform software. In development now: Human-equivalent AI security agents.
Verkada, a nimble tech company in the video surveillance space dedicated to solving the security issues faced by companies in the digital age, seeks a Computer Vision Software Engineer. Our focus is on building secure, modern, easy to use cameras that make our customers’ lives simpler and safer while reducing risk from hackers and other digital threats. As a member of our Computer Vision team, you will collect and analyze visual and non-visual data to create and train models that can be deployed to alert customers to situations of interest. If the thought of modernizing an old industry while making the world a more secure place appeals to you, we want to hear from you.
Recent Projects For This Role Include
- Implementing and deploying a binary classifier using TensorFlow for detecting the binary states across hundreds of cameras
- Detecting unusual object addition/removal in a scene
- Detecting and counting object and people frequencies
Education and Experience
- PhD or Master's Degree in Computer Science, preferably with research experience
- 2+ years of industry software engineering experience
- 1+ years of work or research experience with current neural net frameworks
- Mastery of at least one practical programming language
- Experience working in a agile team software development environment
Python, Computer Vision Algorithms, Data Structures, TensorFlow
Culture and Values
- Visionary thinker: At Verkada, you will tackle large, complex problems with no clear answers.
- Teach and learn: You will learn new technologies while being entrusted with the technical ownership of major systems, and we hope to learn something from you in turn.
- Startup Mindset: As a small, fast-growing startup, every day brings new challenges and opportunities for growth, and we want you to grow with us!
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.