Who We Are
Veritone (Nasdaq: VERI) is a leading provider of artificial intelligence (AI) technology and solutions. The company’s proprietary operating system, aiWARE™, orchestrates an expanding ecosystem of machine learning models to transform audio, video, and other data sources into actionable intelligence. aiWARE can be deployed in a number of environments and configurations to meet customers’ needs. Its open architecture enables customers in the media and entertainment, legal and compliance, and government sectors to easily deploy applications that leverage the power of AI to dramatically improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. Veritone is headquartered in Costa Mesa, California, with over 300 employees, and has offices in Denver, London, New York, San Diego, and Seattle. To learn more, visit Veritone.com.
The Director of User Experience defines the vision for leading and growing the design team across multiple enterprise-grade solutions delivering impactful outcomes for our media and entertainment clients. You must love solving complex problems using artificial intelligence and machine learning and delivering experiences that inspire delight and bring immense business value.
As the Director of User Experience, you will use storytelling, analytics, and influence while partnering with cross-functional leaders to drive product and business strategy. In this player/coach role, you will mentor, coach, and scale your team and build a strong and respected design practice within Veritone. You have the chance to leave your mark on new business opportunities while reimagining flagship products. Lastly, your inquisitive nature brings a human touch to artificial intelligence and how it can be ethically used to change the world.
This position reports to the VP, Product Management and collaborates closely with product managers, development teams, and other cross-functional partners.
Along with overall leadership and design support, you’ll elevate our products through research, define and execute design strategy, and set the vision for the design team. This includes:
- Lead and inspire a design team by defining design strategies that deliver value to the business
- Drive quality from concept to launch in human-centered experiences and guiding principles
- Collaborating with Product Management, internal partners, and clients to identify user needs and suggest product design strategies
- Take initiative in identifying problems and opportunities to improve our products
- Conduct user research to validate design decisions
- Present designs to the cross-functional teams on a regular basis for feedback
- Work closely with development to ensure the final product stays true to the vision
- Strategize with product management and development on creating a meaningful experience
- Hire, retain, and empower talent through career coaching and regular feedback
- Guide the team to develop best practices in design and methods of working together with cross-functional partners
- Build a culture of collaboration and guide the team on how to work through roadblocks
- Increase team efficiency by improving processes inside and outside the design team
- 7+ years of product design experience.
- 5+ years of experience leading, mentoring, and developing other designers.
- Extensive experience in information architecture, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping
- Strong understanding of UX design principles, Design Thinking, Lean UX, and Design Systems
- Excellent storytelling skills (verbal and written) with keen attention to detail
- Experience using data to measure and understand the impact of design decisions
- Experience facilitating user research
- Empathetic, no-ego approach to leadership where hands-on coaching is expected
- Able to connect user needs to business goals
- Strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction
- Thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment
- Create high-quality deliverables utilizing Figma and other software, as necessary
Bonus Points if You Have...
- Experience leading and scaling a Design function in a SaaS company
- A solid understanding of how artificial intelligence works and how it can be utilized to change the world.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Design, Information Architecture or Human Factors or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- Comfortable using Figma.
- Knowledge of collaboration tools and resources including Jira, Confluence, and Trello.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
(Colorado Only*): Minimum annual salary of $110,248.45. This base pay is for illustrative purposes only and will be determined based on skills and experience comparable to the job requirements. This position may be eligible for additional compensation and benefits including but not limited to: incentive compensation; health benefits; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off; parental leave and benefits; and other employee perks and benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.