Who We Are
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities.
About the Role
This position is responsible for all global tax reporting and compliance. This position includes oversight over corporate tax department. In addition, this position is also a key leader on finance and accounting projects for senior management. These projects may include M&A integration and tax structuring, tax planning, due diligence & related activities, capital offerings, finance and accounting process improvement projects, financial system development and implementation, financial reporting, and all company tax compliance initiatives.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for building and scaling the tax function and team to support the global growth and scale of Veritone, a leading AI provider.
- Timely and accurate completion of federal, international and state / local income tax, use-tax, sales-tax and business occupational returns including all related analysis, support, and statutory compliance in a dynamic and multinational based business with customers all across the world.
- Oversight of the tax returns for the Company's EMEA and North American subsidiaries.
- Responsible for use, VAT, foreign withholding, business and property tax functions.
- Responsible for audits of federal and state income tax and state and local filings.
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes (ASC 740) in the US and International subsidiaries.
- Coordination of accounting for income taxes for international subsidiaries with third party vendors.
- Responsible for transfer pricing and management fee calculations.
- Liaison with professional outside tax and related consultants.
- Liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes (i.e. SOX compliance).
- Departmental liaison with IT staff on all technical matters relating to tax applications.
- Assisting with tax planning issues as required.
- Strategic partnering with finance and the business to minimize global income tax and withholding exposures
- Other duties as assigned.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Accounting. Master's Degree in Business Taxation preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- 7 years of related experience.
- Experience with ERP systems; Oracle preferred
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment
- International tax experience preferred
Working At Veritone
What’s In It For You
- A competitive compensation package
- Equity awards
- Remote First (Work From Home)
- Flexible Time Off
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
(Colorado Only*): Minimum annual salary of $101,767.80. This base pay is for illustrative purposes only and will be determined based on skills and experience comparable to the job requirements. This position may be eligible for additional compensation and benefits including but not limited to: incentive compensation; health benefits; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off; parental leave and benefits; and other employee perks and benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.