Who We Are
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities.
About the Role
At Veritone, our People are everything. Building relationships with external talent is key to our continued hyper growth and overall success. The Director, Talent Acquisition will be responsible for leading our Talent Acquisition strategy - making Veritone a center of gravity for talent.
The Director, Talent Acquisition will lead a team of dynamic Talent Acquisition Partners, who are focused on creating a positive candidate experience by building long lasting relationships with candidates for years to come.
We’re looking for that perfect blend of passion, grit, and thoughtful risk taking, which we find leads to ultimate success at Veritone.
What You’ll Do
- Own Veritone’s Talent Acquisition (TA) strategy and philosophy with the goal to attract the best talent to meet our business objectives
- Become a TA strategic advisor and partner to our leaders by understanding current and future people needs across the business to help drive TA deliverables and hiring results
- A true TA leader with experience in leading a team of recruiters and subject matter expertise
- Provide strategic guidance and become an advisor to executive leadership in matters related to top technical talent.
- Ability to be both a recruiter (“doer”), specifically in the tech industry, and a strategic partner / leader, with the end goal of overall team success
- Data driven mindset, using analytics to drive TA strategy, understand external market trends, develop recruiting needs around processes & tools, with an ultimate focus on what the business and candidates should expect from our TA team
- Build a best in class TA People Product through employer branding, external partnerships, creating an amazing candidate experience and diversity
- Create a TA culture that is defined by accountability, ownership and partnership
- Ability to work up and down the funnel to support the team
- Collaborate with the People team to build best practices, processes and policies around talent
- Own all external agency, recruitment partner relationships and develop consistent approach
- Innovative mindset around talent, we are an AI company after all. Let’s be creative, thoughtful and go for it!
- Empathy: the ability to understand, approach situations with thoughtfulness, be a constant listener, approachability, and ultimately a true partner to the business
- Influential & Inspiring: the ability to be a true coach and mentor in the recruitment space, both with direct reports and our leaders. Uphold authority and subject matter expertise while being a true culture champion.
- Ownership: truly driven, accountable and goal-oriented. A builder through and through, thriving on enabling Veritone to be a center of gravity for talent through our TA practice.
- Client-Customer Oriented: ability to build substantial and long lasting relationships with talent and the business. Obtain credibility by approaching every situation with trust first. Outcome focused to ensure we’re bringing in the best and brightest talent that will enable our teams to meet their overall business objectives.
What You Need
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Talent Acquisition
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Talent Acquisition leadership
- Ability to grow and scale the talent acquisition team, initiatives and programs
- Demonstrated ability to build long lasting relationships with talent and become a trusted advisor with the business across all levels of leadership & hiring managers
- A true trusted, subject matter expert in Talent Acquisition and attracting talent
- Experience in developing key TA initiatives, programs and practices that enable growth and scalability across all business units
- Proven ability to keep up with a fast-paced environment. Resilience under pressure. Polite push back when required. Ready to collaborate and bring ideas to the attention of the whole team.
- Ability to attract talent to build out our own TA team and organization
- Motivated by the ability to enable the business to achieve revenue growth by delivering high level candidates
- Strong point of view and thoughtfulness around how diversity and inclusion play into our hiring practices
- Motivated by enabling our business units to increase their revenue by bringing in top talent
- Skilled in using data to drive hiring decisions and best practices
- Superior communication skills with the ability to present and develop trust at all levels of the organization and externally with candidates and partners
- Belief that through AI, we can build a safer, more vibrant, transparent and empowered society.
What’s In It For You
- A competitive compensation package.
- Stock Options.
- Flexible Time Off.
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.