We are Veritone
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities. You can view us at: www.veritone.com / www.veritoneone.com
We are looking to hire a dynamic Accounting Manager to join our company’s accounting team. You’ll be responsible for managing all aspects of the general ledger, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
To ensure success as an Accounting Manager, you should be able to create strategies for the continuous improvement of processes and systems. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication and managerial skills and the ability to supervise personnel.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the monthly/quarterly financial close process ensuring all transactions are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and analysis
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures
- Participate in the Implementation, transformation and maintenance of ERP software as it relates to financial processes
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies in a SOX environment.
- Make recommendations for changes as needed to ensure that company policies and procedures are followed to ensure complete and accurate financial statements in accordance with GAAP and to discover and prevent fraud
- Assist with compilation of information for audits and tax returns
- Manage personnel including hiring, coaching and evaluation of staff
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 year – 10 years’ experience in accounting
- Minimum 2 years of Accounting Manager experience
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with team members
- Experience working in SaaS or Technology based industry highly preferred
Bonus Points If
- Familiarity with large ERP systems, Oracle or Workday preferred
- Participated in the implementation of an ERP system
- Experience in a shared service environment
What's In It For You
- A competitive compensation package.
- Stock Options.
- Flexible Time Off.
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.