We Are Veritone
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities.
What You’ll Do
- Mature our architectural and organizational discipline as we move to mature & growing medium-sized company
- Own the timelines and ensure we do what we say and ship on time products our customers love
- Represent the Engineering function to key stakeholders
- Ensure that the engineering and product vision and execution are aligned and that dialogue is open and ongoing
- Champion technical best practices in partnership with your engineering leaders across front end, backend, platform, SRE, and security.
- Ensure that our products and services are ready for the growth we are seeing and anticipate and can run where our customers need them to run
- Drive continuous improvement in software development, resilience, and operational activities
- Balance rapid innovation on the product while taking the long view to ensure we minimize technical and product debt
- Build organizational capability within your engineering teams by recruiting and retaining outstanding talent and creating an environment where that talent can thrive and collaborate — by providing mentoring, training, and other opportunities for professional growth and development
- Continue and extend an engineering culture where all team members are engaged with and supportive of each other and the mission
- Champion our company values
- Understand technology and understand what’s critical vs not
What You'll Need
- 10+ years of experience with building SaaS internet products.
- 5+ years of experience building software products for the Energy industry.
- Knowledge of electrical grid infrastructure systems and applications such as SCADA, PPC, EMS, AMI, DERMS and ADMS.
- Technical fluency: able to understand and discuss architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with a technical team member. This is critical to making sure we build the right products that run in the cloud and on premise.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done.
- Ability to drive results and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- A history of working with cross-functional teams including engineering, data science, UI, marketing and sales.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field obtained from a top-ranked university
- Superior verbal, written and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to meet and exceed deadlines with composure.
Bonus Points If
- Engineers who have transitioned from developer to product and have 7+ years with heavy SaaS experience both as a developer and as a Product Manager
- Firm understanding of Agile user stories and release cycle
- MBA from a top-ranked university.
Working At Veritone
What’s In It For You
- A competitive compensation package.
- Stock Options.
- A fully stocked kitchen, casual dress attire, catered lunch on Fridays.
- Flexible Time Off.
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.